Whats with Hotmail?

Today is Tuesday, July 13,

I recieve this in my inbox

[size=1]

[size=1]Thursday, June 17, 2004 4:17 PM[/size]
[size=1][/size]
[size=1]This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed[/size]

They send me a e-mail, a month later telling me my e-mail has been delayed.
No Crap it’s been delayed !

I have been getting quite a few of these over the last couple of months.

And I have had many, many e-mails take days to get through.

Hotmail has gone to rubbish… Lucky for all G-mail shouldn’t be to long away.[/size][size=1]
[/size]

Hmm…I’ve only had that once or twice uptill now.
However, I rarely send any e-mails myself, I mostly use it to receive :beam:

I send 10+ and recieve 10+ a day on average, using Outlook…

ppphhh… hotmail… :smirk:

I used to use e-mailing a lot… instant messagin kinda makes it obsolete :to: I only get like…1/week or so… :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah its funny how email, the system that put the postal service out of style, is starting to become less and less popular as everyone gets a screen name. We really are desperate to speed up our lives, huh?

I left hotmail because it sucks. Ive had entire accounts randomly deleted. And i dont know if this is hotmail related or not, but i ALWAYS tend to get a ton more spam in hotmail than any other service.
GMail seems cool, but all this talk of undermining our privacy makes me skeptical. I guess ill stick with it until i need to plan some terrorist attacks (joke, dont be afraid (ok be a little afraid, im pretty scary) ).

Well it is the 14th today…

And I have recieved 2 more that were sent on the 8th, so only 5 days to tell me they will be delayed.

I think Hotmail should change its name to Snailmail for suckers !

I got a bunch of those in my Junk Mail folder back in March and April - it got to about 30 per day at one point. They were all about 20-30k so I figured they were spam/viruses. Occasionally now a few of them get to my inbox and I know they aren’t legit because all the e-mails I send have gone through (and been replied to). Are you sure they’re actually being delayed? If you’re sure, that’s really strange, but also the reason I only use Hotmail for unimportant e-mails. :stuck_out_tongue:

Check if the address is real or fake. If I check them using a browser, Hotmail catches these viruses and deletes them, but OE lets them pass right through, they got me once, never the second.

The 2 that I got today dont have Hotmail in their from line…

X-Message-Info: JGTYoYF78jFTmpk78DskzkPGkbSgvL7g
Received: from BAY0-HMR02.phx.gbl ([65.54.241.201]) by mc8-f29.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6824);
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:38:41 -0700
To: ???@hotmail.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:38:28 -0700
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/report; report-type=delivery-status;
boundary=“9B095B5ADSN=_01C4648748F17DDC00040C70BAY0?HMR02.phx.g”
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Delay)
Return-Path: <>
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 13 Jul 2004 16:38:41.0729 (UTC) FILETIME=[DB37BB10:01C468F7]

I know they are not going through because I use Outlook like an IM client with my g/f while she is at work… When I dont reply she nags, and I tell her i did !

There is no nasty attachments with them so I dont see them as a virus…

Guess I will have to set outlook to send using my ISP as default instead of hotmail…

The only thing hotmail has over GMail is the messenger…
and the outlook surport…

Crazy… Same here… I compleetly swiched to GMail

Some posted here saying that G-mail will support Outlook…
And I never liked Messenger anyhow… ICQ was always better !

there planning POP3 surport… But for now it not posible… and maybe it’s an empty promiss… You never know… all we can do is just wait.

ICQ was always better, till everyone got MSN and ICQ was obsolete basically :confused: And ICQ people always sent me pr0n links. :stuck_out_tongue: I iwish there was a googlechat. Or at least that MS would allow me to configure it to somehoe check my gmail account… but that is basically done with that whole passport thing huh, and gmail isn’t that… okay…

I haven’t received any messages like that, just the usual spam =)

I use Gmail as my MSN messenger ID now. My Hotmail account is pretty much dead. At least it will be in checks calendar 19 days. And for some odd reason, all the problems I was having with MSN messenger have vanished. I’d like it to think it’s because of Gmail but since all external accounts are associated with a .NET passport anyway, I don’t think that’s it. Eh. Oh well. :slight_smile:

I haven’t had any problem with spam since they upgraded and put the new spam filters in.

I will get 2 spam letters, at the same time, once every 3-4 weeks now and thats it.