Where is your sound though?

Hey, i see you have used the text box supplied by crucial limit!!
looks good!
You mentioned you added sound, i cant hear it???
Or where you talking about another site?
You didn’t use preloaders at all did you, on your new site?

You know how you mentioned, if everything is set up properley
there should be no troubles with adding sound etc.

I was wondering if you can make me a simple fla, showing me the best way to layout your fla, lets say if i was making a site like yours.
Only if you have time, if you dont, never mind!

I have 5 weeks to design a site for my final end of year project for the college i go to! So im going to start designing !!!
Thanx for your guidance with the sound and all that, greatly appreciated!
Now lets see if i can do this **** thing!!

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

All i wote was d_a_m_n , it makes it look like i swore!!!

I assume you are talking to me dave. Ya I’m working on setting up the sound. It should be up in the next 2 days or so. Also I used the crucial limit scroll box but there is one problem with it. No matter what color I use for the scroll objects they always come out gold. If you have used this FLA before do you have any ideas?

I could definatly set up a simple FLA with how to lay out a site. It won’t be to fancy but it will show you how to build a really well structured site. Give me a couple of days and I’ll see what I can come up with though. When it is done I will PM or e-mail it to you. I don’t want to post for the whole public to see.:slight_smile:

speaking of where sound is - one of my loops has disappeared…?

wierd

two of the buttons work and connect to external swfs (thanks scott) - but one of them doesn’t for some unknown reason, it has the same code and references refuses to open. The loop definitely works - I changed it’s name and got another button to test it

annoying

(I wonder what swear words you <i>can</i> get away with?

‘cunt’

nice

Hey US
Nice to see you found our new little forum. I don’t know exactly what might of happend that your loop stoped working. If you want to post or send some code or an FLA i could mabye take a look at it. Sometimes it just takes a fresh par of eyes to see the problem. I know i’ve stared at code for hours with a problem then one of my design friends looks at it and fixes the problem in 3secs. :evil: :stuck_out_tongue:

that’s a kind offer - I may take you up on it - it’s got me completely baffled

as has this masking problem - I don’t know if you noticed but I posted a while back about masking not working over a scroll box

so I tested it over a text box and it clearly works

so I decide I’ll use a text box to scroll up and fade in the box so I can mask it -

and what do you know - it won’t bloody mask it! - though it does on the stage and if it does on the stage why not on test?

clearly we can say ‘bloody’ as well, I imagine that means we can say ‘bloody hell’

nice

Is your text box dynamic or static?

let me just check

Take your time. I’m at work so I have all the time in the world.:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

The scroll box is dynamic and the text box was static - I changed it to dynamic to see if that would make any difference but no such luck. It’s bizarre I can see it working on the actual stage - it’s just on test that it fails.

Try making your text static. Dynamic text has a lot of limitations. When you put a dynamic text box in a tween it just stops showing up. It will show in on the stage but in the swf it just dissapears. For some reason dynamic text doesn’t like movement. There are tutorials out there for dynamic scrolling text boxes though. They usaly load the text from a external txt file. Hope this mabyte helps.:slight_smile:

’ '’ ‘cunt’ ‘ass’ ‘asshole’ ‘dickface’ ‘mother er’ ‘cock licker’ ' face’ Just a text to see what shows up:P :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

ok - maybe static doesn’t tween either - I’ll embed it

well I cunted about with it for a bit and embedded the cunt - and seems to have cunting worked!!!

Hoorah!!

Your just so happy we can use the word cunt aren’t you for cunts sakes:P

You’re absolutely cunting right.

I didnt mean to start another post!! it was late at night like 3am, and i must of clicked on New post instead of Post reply!
Oh well…

Sintax321: I havnt used that fla before ( crucial limit text box ), i only downloaded to see what it’s like, but ill have a play with it, i doubt i would know more than you though!!

Thanks bout the Fla, yeah dont rush, and dont post it here! :stuck_out_tongue:
Dont worry bout the fla being fancy, just showing the basics like, sound in background, and how you would run animations once you press a button etc without effecting sound…

I figured out how to do preloaders on external swf’s just in case you guys want to know!!

I swear i did the same thing before and it didnt work, but somehow now it works!

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

You know guys… just because you can use something, doesn’t mean that you should.

I’m not censoring anything, control is up to individuals, but I will always offer opinion. :stuck_out_tongue: With regard to Kirupaforum, Kirupa.com , and the sites of the members of the board, is such language respectful to us? Like I said, it’s a personal choice in my opinion, but I can say that I find a lot of problems with using language in a forum where it doesn’t belong.

nuf said… I’ll go away now.

<~~ infinitely upset that he sounds like his father…

Control clearly isn’t up to users because some words are xx’ed out.

It’s the fact that you can’t say ‘d amn’ in this forum - a word my granny might use if someone ran over her dog, but you can say ‘c unt’ - a word pretty much no one ever uses because it is so offensive, that makes it so amusing.

The other thing, if you want to get into a semantic debate about it, is that words are only invested with power when they are given power and respect by us. Once upon a time - a word like d amn was an offensive word, (and c unt was merely biological - Chaucer used it frequently) but overuse over time has robbed d amn of its impact.

Now I’m not suggesting that we should all go around swearing at each other, but a humerous use or any use of a forbidden word outside of the extreme contexts it might usually be used in is a good use. It is a first step towards rendering it impotent.

So say it and feel proud - go on David. It’s good for you.

Hey dave whats the new post?

Hey and david you know we wer’re just trying out the filter to see what would slip by. We just found it quite funny that a word like unt would make it past but not dam. You know that we won’t be slipping the word *unt in on every thread it was just something that was funny.:slight_smile: =) :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe just every other thread.