Which things are essential to become an UX/UI designer?

I’m a newbie. So anyone say something please ?

creativity is the first thing you need. if you have creative designer mind then you need to learn some UI tools . like for graphics learn photoshop and illustrator.

1 Like

Javascript, HTML and CSS. Javascript, javascript, javascript how good you are with JS will set you apart from everyone else. Sure design and being creative is part of it but these days people rely on frameworks like bootstrap or foundation which already have some decent styles applied to them it wouldn’t hurt to know how to use these frameworks and modify their styles.

Unfortunately design has taken a back seat over usability mobile device internet speeds and companies adopting these frameworks.

Knowing how to convert your designs to HTML, CSS and JS is absolutely necessary otherwise you are just a designer and nobody will take you seriously unless you are on James Whites level

I don’t want to discourage you or anyone reading this but you need to know a whole lot more than Photoshop or Illustrator and making pretty designs.

Good luck,

1 Like

UX and UI are quite different things. I would guess it is hard to be good at both - just like it is hard to be a good ice skater as well as be a good hockey player despite overlapping skills :stuck_out_tongue:

Is there one you are leaning towards more than the other?

Thanks grimdeath! I read your mind properly… yes I’m going to learn them (html, css, js).

So, Which one is better for a Graphic Designer, Please?

You’ve already mastered Photoshop? :smile:

1 Like

Basically, I’m going to learn everyday. I think… learning does not end there… :confused:, but whatever I’ve done before I hope they will inspire to others movements… Thanks for your question kirupa!

In that case, I’m personally biased towards people learning HTML, CSS, and JavaScript!

1 Like