Wierd problem

Zup fellow kirupians got a little problem here.

Im making a CD based presentation yet again, but this time im using mov files for my animations which will be controlled via flash buttons.

Im loading the mov files into the projector because for some weird memory problem flash wont create the projector file with all 12 mov files embedded. These are some 3d animations i created in maya and composited in combustion into mov fiels thanks to our good friend soulty ;).

The problem im having is that every time i load the fourth mov file into the projector flash acts weird and the animation is wrong its as if the mov is going backwards and the forwards and then plays normally i get this same problem everytime i play the fourth movie loaded its not the mov files its something flash is doing. Is it better to use the attach movie option or what thats going to be my next try. Suggestions are welcomed i need to finish this project asap so i can use all the help i ca get thanks fellas . :wink: :thumb: :beam:

I’m not so experienced in this, and maybe I’m just gonna sound stoopid now, but are you loading them into the same movieclip container? if not, maybe you should try unloading them before loading the next movie to free some ram? just a thought.

I’m not so experienced in this, and maybe I’m just gonna sound stoopid now, but are you loading them into the same movieclip container? if not, maybe you should try unloading them before loading the next movie to free some ram? just a thought.

cheers

no i was loading them into the same level which is baically the same thing it loads the swf into the same level and it automatically unloads the current swf in that level.

But i tried your suggestion and i loaded them into a container mc and now the animation playback is fine but now the screen flickers white just before it loads the swf. May i let you all know the loaded swfs are 3d animations which vary from 13mb to 50mb in size so i know this is the issue. I tried making a preloader but still that does not work, i was talking with my good pal soulty which suggested loading all the movies and have them invisible until called upon but i think this will make the cpu very crazy i will try this method next and see what happens, if anyone has any suggestion please let me know, oh and dont let it be use director i dont know ow nor have the time to learn director so its not an option as of right now so thanks but no thanks :wink:

maybe you can export them to quicktime format or something and play them as movies loaded externally?

I would sincerely suggest not having EVERY movie loaded onto the stage, just waiting to be made visible.

Personally, I’d suggest using a container (as you have) to load the movies as they’re needed, and add a preloader / playback controls. You could try placing each movie inside of its own SWF, then loading the SWFs into your main movie. Like what is commonly done with MP3s to control playback better, only with Quicktime files.

It’s hard to make any solid suggestions without having the files to work with (but trust me, I don’t want 'em) so I say just try a few different things until you can get it to work.

Another thing to try might be to splice the movies into smaller bits. Break down a ~20MB movie into four pieces of 5MB each, then have Flash detect the end of one and start the next in the same container. That way, you’ll have less being stored in local memory and you may be able to avoid any weird anomalies like screen flicker. If it’s going to be playing from a CD you wouldn’t need to worry much about loading/preloading anything since most modern CD-ROM/RW/Rs transfer at a minimum of 3-5MB/second. Depends on the drive, but as long as they’re not working on a 386 w/a 4x CD-ROM, you should be okay.

Hmm…on second thought, that may not work that well. But try placing each movie into a SWF of its own, THEN loading the SWFs into a main SWF. That should help things a bit.

thats what im doing but im gonna try runnning the actual mov files instead of loading swfs to see if that helps out im running out of things to try so suggestions are welcomed thanks :beam: