Xbox Live wireless trouble

S’up, people.

I’m posting this for a buddy of mine, he just got the wireless antenna thingie for his Xbox 360 and he’s having trouble getting it to connect to his router. It’s about 20 feet away, in line of sight, so reception shouldn’t be a problem. The router is a Linksys WRT54GL IEEE 802.3/3u, IEEE 802.11b/g Wireless-G. I know, Linksys sucks monkey teets, I’m sparing you the trouble of saying so. He didn’t buy it, his brother did.

The Xbox prompts him to enter the name of the wireless connection, and the code (WEP key?). He apparently did this, and still gets ‘no network found’.

Any advice is much appreciated, thanks! :beer:

Which wireless thingie did he get the official one or the pelican one I just recently purchased the pelican one and it works great.

I think the problem is the router those linksys are terrible like we’ve mentioned many times before :lol: anyways make sure the router is broadcasting and accepting connections I don’t know how configuring the x360 wireless adapter works but the pelican one you have to configure it on a computer so if its all configured on the x360 tell him to reserve a static ip address on the router for the x360 and configure it manually with the fixed ip.

If that doesn’t work tell him to buy a new router :lol::run:

Awesome, thanks, man! :thumb2:

NP buddy btw whats your gamer tag don’t know if I have you on my friends list

I have a 360 as grimmy knows. I also have a linksys N series one. Works awesome. With WEP you get probably 4 separate numbers to enter. He needs to login to his router, enter a code key, a word or phrase, then write down all four of those numbers that get generated, and enter one in his 360 setting eventially one of them will work.

When I say one of them will work, I’m assuming that he has more devices using his wireless network?

It’s not for me, but he’s a friend of mine. His tag is Vistech. He has one of the official x360 wireless adapters.

Yes, he also has a desktop and a laptop that connect to his router. So, if an x360 connects via wireless, will it have a static or a dynamic IP?

[quote=DanontheMoon;2324040]It’s not for me, but he’s a friend of mine. His tag is Vistech. He has one of the official x360 wireless adapters.

Yes, he also has a desktop and a laptop that connect to his router. So, if an x360 connects via wireless, will it have a static or a dynamic IP?[/quote]

If he doesn’t reserve an ip address like I mentioned in my previous post he will have a dynamic ip address.

⊙ ⊙ say:good…[url=http://www.portrait2000.com]portarit2000