10 Years Later...

I realized today that my first post on the Kirupa forums was Febuary 10th 2006. Crazy how fast time goes.

2 Likes

It really is now that you mention it. I’ve been here for around the same amount of time. Joined in high school… and now look at me!!

1 Like

We need to do some sort of an e-celebration!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yep, time flies… Do you remember what was on your mind and why did you join this community?

Cheers
Adam

I’m not really sure. I was really into Flash back then. I don’t know how I even found Kirupa Forum, it may have been through an AS snowflake tutorial.

1 Like

Looks like its 13y for me, according to discourse.

I don’t remember the initial reason that brought me here, but I remember “hacking” the site and almost getting banned. Look at me now! Hacking skills confirmed!

1 Like

LOL. That’s hilariously awesome. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Pretty sure I was trying to make Flash games. >10 years later and I still haven’t made a game. But I still have 28 days left on my Animate CC trial so all hope is not lost yet.

I’ve been patiently awaiting the first TheCanadian game.

1 Like

although I think your probably joking, if u are not ill give you a certificate /provisioning profile to run it on your iphone if you just wanted see, you know before registering and paying apple and such

in the end I dont think theres anything else to do with a flash game at this point

Have you published for iOS with Air? I’ve always wanted to make an app for my phone. Does it work well? I have a sneaking suspicion that it’s a complete nightmare.

I don’t remember that at all! What was the “hacking” you were doing? :stuck_out_tongue:

I have been here since 2009 I think? I cant believe that.

Sorry to pull this thread in unrelated directions, perhaps ill create a new thread but as far as the Air question I have to say there are a few things that can be anoying or pitfalls but overall it works very well and runs smooth at 60fps.

I did create one published air project a few years ago. 2012 I think. The graphics are embarrassing but from a technical perspective it still works fine years later. I made it in 30fps back then but it runs fine at 60 fps with a cheat code I hid in there

this is not a good modern example of a good air app tho

1 Like

The biggest thing holding me back from publishing anything is my complete lack of artistic ability.

Ha! The resemblance is uncanny.

thats a huge problem for me too, I dont know what to do about it. for now im just tryig to keep moving and pay someone for new graphics eventually.

infact I have a game I wanted to show all you guys here, mainly because so much of it is kirupa learned but with bad graphics I think it will just look stupid. so hidden it stays for now

Guys you should share your stuff. If it’s a good concept we’ll see through the artwork and it may actually help you attract talented designers to your work because they’ll see potential in the concept.

I don’t actually have any stuff :wink:

I did something silly like changed my title to “Admin” or something and claimed I could show other people how to be admins by adding an underscore to their name or something equally as ridiculous. I thought it was too silly to be believed, but a number of users tried it, and a number of mods at the time thought it was legit and were after my head. Someone told me I was close to getting banned, but I guess I had also offered up enough useful posts at that point that I bought myself some time to get cleared of prior allegations. :wink:

2 Likes