W00T 1000 Posts!

Yea I have 1000 posts and I didn’t spam most of the time.

I remember when I first came in here, InfestedDemon had a new flash game idea in the AI/Game flash forum and I thought I was somebody because I knew how to work a decompiler and copy and paste code, so I thought I could help him build these outlandish game ideas. Nathan99 really helped me out, and showed me alot about flash code, DarkMotion has shoved lots of color theory down my throat. These forums is where I owe all my knowledge to.

For everyone with a semi-high post count, how did you find kirupa.com and what did you do for like your first 100 posts?

I joined because I got Flash MX and wanted to learn it, so I kept Googling for a while.

My first hundred posts were exclusively about getting smooth resizing working, which I didn’t understand at all. The math was beyond me, so I couldn’t mess with other people’s code . . . I should have waited until I was at least past Algebra I. :stuck_out_tongue:

Congrats!

now try to beat jeff… :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea Flash MX those were the times.

//edit, lol last time i looked i had 5k posts time flies.

The day will come eventually.

Well, considering my average posts per day is almost five times yours, it seems unlikely. :stuck_out_tongue:

^ how can you defeat that which has no life. =p

actionscript.org went down, and there was a temporary refugee situation from there to here, until it went back up. I guess the weird thing is that I stayed around here and was never incredibly active at AS.org again.

EDIT: God ■■■■, I’ve been here for over four years. WTF.

@Jeff Wheeler
There have been months on end where I haven’t visted kirupa.com, but those little time lapses are gone. The way I surf kirupa I believe I may be one of the most active members. Alot of the times the forum doesn’t move fast enough for me, but at the same time I like it like that, so I get to read everything.

I think I found kirupa maybe june or july of 2005, but I did not join until like February 2006… I first found it I was trying to make snow in Flash. My first 100 posts, not sure I think mostly in the Battle forum- ahh the battle forum I miss that place.

I remember I first came here trying to make a Flash RPG; then I discovered PHP and haven’t touched Flash since. (Though I have been touching some Python. :P)

@Esherido
I to discovered php and haven’t been really messing with Flash. This summer I plan to learn a new language ether python or ruby.

[QUOTE=ajcates;2330661]@Jeff Wheeler
There have been months on end where I haven’t visted kirupa.com, but those little time lapses are gone. The way I surf kirupa I believe I may be one of the most active members. Alot of the times the forum doesn’t move fast enough for me, but at the same time I like it like that, so I get to read everything.[/QUOTE]

I surf more than I post now, and the forums aren’t as active as they used to be say two years ago

[QUOTE=travis;2330679]I think I found kirupa maybe june or july of 2005, but I did not join until like February 2006… I first found it I was trying to make snow in Flash. My first 100 posts, not sure I think mostly in the Battle forum- ahh the battle forum I miss that place.[/QUOTE]

Ya know, it’s still there . . .

Most of the awesome people left this forum :frowning:

ouch :hurt:

Yea like TheCanadian and icio, were like the 2 people I thought were like flash gods. Tell I later found out that they were just good at math.

I joined over five years ago with an html question or something. In my first hundred posts I nearly got banned. Of course I was also a sophomore in high school and now I’m a big boy with a big boy job. I attribute a good chunk of where I am now because of the things I’ve learned here, or more specifically because of some of the people I’ve met through the forums.

I miss the really old days, things were a lot different then. Never thought there would be well over 100k members, and still climbing. Would be cool if some of the people that have actually been here longer than me came back.

most

You are in the NEAT crew.