247media down?

Miko runs those forums, if he wishes his forums to be respectable by people, he shouldn’t be THE one involved in those false rumours. If I had wanted to sign up at ultrashock before, which I didn’t, I certainly won’t now. He’s an administrator and his acts reflect on his forums VERY poorly in this situation. I really don’t care if Ingo ripped or not, to have Miko going out and saying those things is wrong and doesn’t improve anyone’s situation.

edit: spelling mistake

SXC.hu images are mostly free for use, that’s why it’s a royalty free stock image site. If you look though, some of the photos require the artist’s permission for using the images for commercial purposes. On my sxc.hu photos, if anyone asks me to use them, I let them, I just like knowing that my photos are being put to good use :slight_smile:

Google images owners though should always be contacted for commercial uses.

Yep :-/.

google is just a search engine, it will display anything in its DB, the images it finds are in no way royalty free, you have to get the owners permission to use any images you find on google for commercial use (anything not covered by fair use) unless it explicitly states that it’s ok to use them, as a site like sxc does, though even then each images has the option of displaying a caveat as already mentioned.

It’s always up to the designer to clear any copyright issues there may be with assets they aquire, especially when it’s thru something like google. But you can’t just cruise google’s image search for assets to use in commercial projects without clearing copyright with the owner.

I’m not saying ingo did or didn’t, who are we to know that he didn’t contact the copyright owner of that mermaid picture, but as the site was never completed I don’t think it’s a legal problem anyway,unless he uses it to promote his work commercially in which case it should be cleared, or might be already, we don’t know.

[size=1]btw, in case anyone’s wondering, I came here because I was curious about what happened to 24-7 and someone told me it was being discussed here. I don’t post at US I’m a mod at FK where people were asking in the cool sites forum about all this.[/size]

Ah - thanks for that. Now I know to contact before using commercially :).

Mockups are not for practice. What he posted was a design composition commissioned by www.axis360.com for the client Atlantis resort. The design was created for profit, not for fun. If the client would have chosen the design then they would want to move forward with all of the current design elements. Axis 360 might be lucky that Atlantis didn’t like the design that Ingo created otherwise if they did Axis 360 could be in a huge legal mess for copyright infrengment.

The whole issue is that Miko is good friends with Jared from www.funktion12.com who created the Soldiers and Saints. Around the same time as the launch of the site that is when the design comp for Atlantis was posted that contained elements that resembled the site. Whether or not it is a rip can only be judged by a court. On top several of images that were used in the design were obtained by googling.

There is no evil vendetta involved or secrect conspiracy. I am sure it will all settle down from here.

Gotcha ;).

I agree man I really do. I’m have not heard he googled some of those images, so I don’t know itf that is true. But you are right, such a great designer as himself, he has millions of people watching him like a bird. Maybe he slipped up, but to be honest you can not convince me that he ripped that soldier site.

Hope it dies down and everything get’s back to normal, I can’t wait for 24-7’s new site to drop.

At the same time I am a big fan of ultrashock, don’t really browse their forums much but they have ace tutorials.

Anyway I think Miko is not acting very professional, taking his business problems and spreading them all over his forums and causing a scene.

Internet drama :sigh:

Hope they both shake hands and end it, but either way it won’t effect me or us
:egg:

**edit:**Guys this does not involve us, so I hope no one here has their nose in the middle of it all.

I agree with Digital and McGiver -

My only concern is for Ingo - I’ve been able to talk with him over the past few weeks, and we have similar design styles - there is a lot going on here that we are not seeing.

Wisdom and common sense screams that stuff is going on behind the scenes.

To be honest from everything I know and have read, I sense a political powerplay :wink: That might be aimed at someone. :wink:

I think Miko while he tried to be impartial in that one post on that thread, however is not being very good about all of this.

And to be honest - with how interwoven everyone is in the design world nowadays - there’s no telling who did what on those sites, or where the permission came from - only the ones involved know and that is information that is sorry to say, out of our hands.

Sorry guys, this is not our business and it’s best not to spread rumors or talk about something that I’m sure Ingo or Miko would probably not want talked about publically anyway.

Thread Closed

Miko hiring a professional to hack 24-7 Studios.

:stuck_out_tongue:

If anything it was some script kiddie that was browsing the UltraShock forum and decided to be a jerk and deface 24-7 Studios and cause drama. Well I really don’t care, Igno is a great designer and other and I admire his skills. Get over it people. Like Digital said, thread closed!