4 Desktops at ONCE?!

Hey fellow computer geeks and techies, I just got a really cool new toy and I wanted to tell you all about it!

Go to http://find.pcworld.com/38165 and it’ll take you to Microsoft’s Windows XP PowerToys site. Download Deskman.exe in the right column and install it!
When you have it installed, right click on the taskbar in an empty space, go to Toolbars, and then click Desktop Manager.

What does this all do? It gives you 4, yes 4 desktops!!! You can have outlook, AIM, and IE open in one for all your internet stuff – you can have multiple image softwares open on another … and EASILY switch between all of them. There’s even an awesome green button which shows you all four desktops at once … this is one way cool toy!

I thought you might be as excited as me over this one! Microsoft doesn’t TOTALLY suck… :slight_smile:

Take care all

no, they still do :stuck_out_tongue: Desktop managers have been around for quite a while. The powertools one is not a particularly good one either. They’re cool though :slight_smile:

I was using a desktop manager software once, can’t remember the name. I was using it at work and on one desktop I had different off-work stuff and on the other my work stuff. I would switch quickly whenever someone came by and switch back when noone is around. That’s a cool way to use this software :wink:

I’ve had this for a long time (6 months to a year) but I only used it for about a day. The point of having 2 monitors is that you can see all the stuff at once, I saw a pic a while ago that pertains to the multiple monitors issue, let me see if I can dig it up…

Linux has an awesome multiple desktop manager thingy - I’m willing to bet a considerable sum of money that it’s better than XP’s version :stuck_out_tongue:

lol why should I need 4 desktops?
my pc isn’t even abled to handle the things I do with the one desktop i have

*Originally posted by asphaltcowboy *
**Linux has an awesome multiple desktop manager thingy - I’m willing to bet a considerable sum of money that it’s better than XP’s version :stuck_out_tongue: **

Yup… that’s been standard in Linux for quite some while.

I think both KDE and GNOME(the two major GUI enviroments) have this sort of functionality built in :wink:

there are other desktop managers for windows (and have been). The powertoys version is just MS made.

Now this is what you call MULTIPLE monitors :thumb:

ah, that pic again… that’s really just very sad tbh.
it’s not as though it even looks good :stuck_out_tongue:

might as well get yourself a real plane :sure:

would probably cost about the same

terrible buggy though :-\