420 Posts!

*Originally posted by RenaissanceGirl *
**I’m a Californian and I don’t “think so”… maybe people want to think only Californians do the 420 thing :stuck_out_tongue: **

oopsy, I stand corrected. Well, I think its just a “Thing” then?

and I might add, Ive allways wondered how that came about! Im sure that its nothing more than a couple of “420heads” were sitting aroung at 4:20 and made some stupid comment about it and it took off from there. But…Ive allways wondered if there was somthing else to it…hmmmmmmmmmm. :sigh:

anyway I will stop babbling

i’ve heard three reasonings behind the origin of this phrase:

the first, which im less likely to believe is that the Police Code for a ‘Smokeout’ is 420… i.e. Ten-Adam-Twelve, we got a Four-Twenty in Progress at 1324 East Abrams Street, requesting junkfood, over…

the second, is that April 20th is the optimum harvest time or planting time, or something to do with timing.

Honestly, and forgive the irony of this, i think i forgot the third reason… haha :trout:

*Originally posted by Majeye *
**i guess its mostly a CA thing…

and that’s California, for all of you gaijin’s out there… **

hehe. it’s not mostly a CA thing. it is very celebrated here, if you know what i mean.

*Originally posted by Majeye *
**Honestly, and forgive the irony of this, i think i forgot the third reason… haha :trout: **

haha, so very funny.

but those are interesting theories. Yea, I don’t think it was that first thing either.

notice how alot of number type things (i.e. 420, 311) allways have people thinking they mean somthing w/ police codes?
(i dont know if what i said made any sense)

Some think that 311 was meant to be a meaning as if the 11th letter of the alphabet 3 times:

1 :: A
2 :: B
3 :: C
4 :: D
5 :: E
6 :: F
7 :: G
8 :: H
9 :: I
10 :: J
11 :: K
12 :: L
13 :: M
14 :: N

Well you know the rest. . . .

I believe 420 originated in humboldt county and yes it is a police code…at least in most cities…That is why I said it was a cali thing meaning it originated out here somewhere

sounds legit to me. It may not be just a cali thing, but i’m willing to bet it originated out here, much the way 3d-iva says…

either way, by the time this post gets wrapped up, maybe i’ll have reached the 500 mark…