7th September, Tupac was Shot 3 times in a Driveby

Anybody else a Tupac fan? guess not…

For those who are interested Tupac got shot 5 times in 1994 and survived. On 7th September he was shot 3 times in a Drive-By after a Mike Tyson / Seldon fight in Vegas

Hell yea I’m a Pac fan! 6 days later on friday the 13th he rested in peace.

R.I.P. MC New York, 2Pac, Makaveli (the don)

I will not bad mouth him out of respect for those who are mourning him. I will say though that often people reap what they sow. I don’t find Tupac to be an exception to that age old addage.

“don’t talk sh*t about something you know nothing about” - I don’t find your post to be an exception to that age old addage. It may seem harsh but I’m sure any Tupac fan (Dan) would agree with me, if you listen to quite a lot of his songs its clear that he did a lot for black/white relations, which is why he is more of an icon than just a rap star.

“don’t believe everything you read”- I don’t find your post to be an exception to that age old addage.

Yeah there was a vicious side to Tupac very visable in songs such as Hitemup, however those who look a bit deeper see the reasons behind that - being shot 5 times and betrayal by someone you went to jail for come near the top.

Also remember Tupac came from the street, growing up in the 80s/90s, and LA in that time was a lot worse for young black men than it is now… how can we forget the Rodney King event, this was an everyday event in the ghettos…

Tupac in general was a stand up guy, much more than the press would have you believe.

**Tupac set up many charities, such as an athletic team sponsored by rappers to help endangered youth projects.

Tupac let children have free entry to his concerts, but only if they averaged C+ at school, trying to keep kids out of trouble and in the schools.

Deathrow christmas, giving free Shelter, food and clothing to those on the streets, doing it every year, a lot of it out of his own pockett.

A little kid called Joshua terminally ill, but wanting to meet Tupac before he died, Tupac got on a plane and went to see him and his family…

A woman in a wheelchair who nobody would dance with, Tupac danced with her for 3 hours.

Whatever you say, how many film stars, rap stars do that kind of thing?

yet they deserve to live, and Tupac deserves to get killed in a drive by at age 25.

As soon as hitemup.com gets back up I’ll show you a lot more if you want. Not saying Tupac was a saint, but nobody can say he didn’t do his part to help his community, and that he deserved to die at 25.

Peace, don’t take anything I said personally but Tupac is someone I admire.

awwwww. someone got insulted by my post. ah well…

The proper reply would have been… “that seems unwarranted from the information I have, please prove how he had reaped what he sowed.” Or something along that lines. You chose not to use that method of reply to me… I can only conclude that your opinion is not worth a dime.

Did I say he was a bad person?
Did I say his music sucks?
Did I say he was a criminal?

don’t talk sh*t about something you know nothing about" - I don’t find your post to be an exception to that age old addage. It may seem harsh but I’m sure any Tupac fan (Dan) would agree with me, if you listen to quite a lot of his songs its clear that he did a lot for black/white relations, which is why he is more of an icon than just a rap star.

A) I didn’t talk ****. I used common sense to reason out a bad situation.
B) I agree that he did a lot to improve white/black relations and never said anything to the contrary.

“don’t believe everything you read”- I don’t find your post to be an exception to that age old addage.

I’m going to assume that this non-intelligible statement is refering to me having my opinion because of something that I read or saw on TV. That by far is more insulting than anything I would choose to say about you, or Tupak. You’re assumption that I’m a sheep is an insult and an ignorant one at that. If you knew me you’d know better… instead you chose to speak from an ignorant possition… not even taking into account that I might have an opinion from rational thought instead of someone else’s mouth.

So in the end… I do find your post to be very personaly insluting.

Lets take a look at the rest.

Yeah there was a vicious side to Tupac very visable in songs such as Hitemup, however those who look a bit deeper see the reasons behind that - being shot 5 times and betrayal by someone you went to jail for come near the top.

The reasons behind a song are all well and good. I can respect a person for making art of any sort, including that which I don’t personaly have an appreciation of. ‘Reaping what one sows’ was not in reference to him being a bad or good person… what it has to do with is putting yourself in the situation where by you can be shot. He had the capabilities, and the smarts to get out of that without taking himself out of the charitable aspects of his life. You are assuming that I mean one thing when that is neither evident nor stated.

Also remember Tupac came from the street, growing up in the 80s/90s, and LA in that time was a lot worse for young black men than it is now… how can we forget the Rodney King event, this was an everyday event in the ghettos…

No doubt. That’s not what I’m refering to. But it does make an excellent argument against those who would call him violent or criminal. It’s a social condition.

Tupac in general was a stand up guy, much more than the press would have you believe.

Tupac set up many charities, such as an athletic team sponsored by rappers to help endangered youth projects.

Actually, there is little that is altruistic about helping one’s own people(and by that I do not mean black people… but people from the city ghetto). Now if he had set up some funding to Mississipian under privilaged children, I’d be more impressed. I do however know that he was involved in a number of charities and commend him for those efforts. It’s a great thing to help out the community that brought you into the world.

Tupac let children have free entry to his concerts, but only if they averaged C+ at school, trying to keep kids out of trouble and in the schools

Deathrow christmas, giving free Shelter, food and clothing to those on the streets, doing it every year, a lot of it out of his own pockett.

A little kid called Joshua terminally ill, but wanting to meet Tupac before he died, Tupac got on a plane and went to see him and his family…

A woman in a wheelchair who nobody would dance with, Tupac danced with her for 3 hours.

Whatever you say, how many film stars, rap stars do that kind of thing?

Actually there are quite a few ‘stars’ who do such things… and continue to do so. I don’t see half the praise from people for someone like Bono, even though he has done far more for many more people than tupac could ever hope to reach in his lifetime.
Not that I throw a party on the guy’s b-day or anything… but I hold very little praise for entertainers… tupac and bono being about equal in my eyes as far as ‘goodness’ goes

yet they deserve to live, and Tupac deserves to get killed in a drive by at age 25.

As soon as hitemup.com gets back up I’ll show you a lot more if you want. Not saying Tupac was a saint, but nobody can say he didn’t do his part to help his community, and that he deserved to die at 25.

No one ever deserves to die. EVER… but life is not a fair place.

Let me ask this.

Why was he in that car, on that road, on that day?
What enemies did he make in his life and through what means?

Saying someone reaps what they sow is not saying that they are bad and deserve death… that’s an assumption you’re making about my statement. What I meant was… people place themselves in those situations. It wasn’t a tragedy that he died, it was just a sad thing.

If I thought he was a sicko and deserved what he got, I would have had no problem being insulting to him, or anyone mourning his passing. No… I’m just a jaded person… and if you don’t like my opinion… don’t hold faith in it. It’s there to be taken or left as you choose.

Peace, don’t take anything I said personally but Tupac is someone I admire.

I wont take what you said about Tupac personaly… I know you’re a fan, and I understand. There are certainly people I respect in this world enough to mourn their passing. I do however take a little offense to your assumptions about where my opnions come from and I would ask (just asking) that you try your best not to assume anything when talking to people. We are all individuals… though there are a lot of sheep out there… to assume that someone is a sheep before knowing them is an ignorant place to come from.

Be smart. Shop s-mart.

Before this turns in to a (more) heated argument, let me just say this:

David: when somebody’s upset that somebody else is dead, whether you like the dead person or not you do NOT start pointing out all the flaws with that dead person.

And if that person defends that dead person you do NOT make fun of them and then point out all the flaws with their argument for the sake of drilling in the point that that person’s hero is, in fact, a jerk.

And, because you prompted it…:

Well la-dee-da Mr. Fancy Pants. I’ve got news for you, buddy - all you’re leading is jack and ****, and jack just left town.

*Edit:

Before you say it, yes, I did exaggerate and I know that wasn’t what you meant. The point is, if somebody’s talking about their dead hero and you think “Gee, I don’t feel bad about that person’s death” you don’t say anything. It’s good practice.*

I personally didn’t like the guy, but that is just me. I still don’t believe in violence and I don’t see why he should have died like that.:frowning:

What did he do to make you not like him? Oh I get it, lostinbeta is really the reincarnated Notorious B.I.G. wanting revenge on pac! All you east coast rappers! lol :stuck_out_tongue:

HAHA, not really. Although I wish I had that kind of money:) ::bling bling::. Actually I am not big fan of rap/gangster rap. I didn’t dislike him personally, just wasn’t a fan of his music.

Before this turns in to a (more) heated argument, let me just say this:

I don’t think that I was attempting to argue, just to point out that he was upset because of percieved insult intended against Tupac as opposed to real substanciated insult. To judge a person off of preconcieved notions is wrong, and if I were doing so, I’d say that it was valid to point that out to me. Personaly, I’d appreciate it. However, not only was I not doing such, but as soon as it was assumed that this was the case, I was placed under the same fish eye lens. That sir is hypocrisy. If you don’t like the fact that I don’t like hypocricy, tough. I’m not here to please anyone, or make anyone feel good about themselves when they don’t necessarily have cause to.

David: when somebody’s upset that somebody else is dead, whether you like the dead person or not you do NOT start pointing out all the flaws with that dead person.

says who? What gives you the right to dictate what is good or bad in a conversation? In my eyes I did not point out a flaw in his character at all. At least not any more so of a flaw than any of us contain. I said that I was sorry if he took offense.

And if that person defends that dead person you do NOT make fun of them and then point out all the flaws with their argument for the sake of drilling in the point that that person’s hero is, in fact, a jerk.

Who said he was a jerk? Neither did I make fun of Tupac or RageWolf. Well I suppose I did say that one of his statements was unintelligible, and I may have said that he was ignorant of something. Both of those statements are not intended to be insulting, and wouldn’t be if people weren’t so brain washed into believe that they should be.

Unintelligeble? Maybe, maybe not… I found his sentence to be confusing and lacking in a directive noun upon which he placed the statement.

Ignorance is a natural state of which you I and the rest of the world are perpetualy in. You are not god, you don’t know even a miniscule amount of what there is to know in this universe. Therefore about something you must be ignorant. If that’s so, it can’t be an insult, just a statement.

And then of course we come to my quote

If I thought he was a sicko and deserved what he got, I would have had no problem being insulting to him, or anyone mourning his passing. No… I’m just a jaded person… and if you don’t like my opinion… don’t hold faith in it. It’s there to be taken or left as you choose.

And so it is as I state it. For what reason am I attempting to win popularity? Should statements be withheld, if they are true, just for the sake of anyone mourning anything? If so, I’d like you to say a silent prayer this Christmass, with me, for all the trees which give up their lives in vain for a worthless outdated custom. It’s true… a practice I have taken part in for over a decade now. Then there are all the cultures around the world who mourn one thing or another. If we were all to withhold our opinions mearly because it might insult someone, or hurt someone’s feelings, no ideas would ever be exchanged.

My opinion is here on this board… it is one of many varied and individual concepts of how the world is was or shall be… It is very personal to me, and very important. I neither hold it above another’s, or below, but at an equal footing with all the individuals here at Kirupaforum. It is NOT necessarily nice, it is however the only thing that I can truely say is mine.

And, because you prompted it…:

Well la-dee-da Mr. Fancy Pants. I’ve got news for you, buddy - all you’re leading is jack and ****, and jack just left town.

Edit:

Before you say it, yes, I did exaggerate and I know that wasn’t what you meant. The point is, if somebody’s talking about their dead hero and you think “Gee, I don’t feel bad about that person’s death” you don’t say anything. It’s good practice.

Says you.

This is not a support group. If you want that sort of coddling out of the world you can talk to your mother and have a nice batch of cookies and milk. I am far less obnotious than 50% of the population of the internet, and that’s all I need to be. I’m not going to change my policy for every person who’s sad about a celebrity. My faith in life is realism. If it’s too harsh for you to deal with become a Christian or something, but don’t dictate how people should act. It’s a far worse offence then mearly being insensitive.

And now I do truely and wholeheartedly apologise to Ragewolf for derailing his thread, which was supposed to be about people’s feelings on the aniversery of Tupac’s death. I’m sorry for that, and I’m sorry that some of you don’t like my apathetic reply.

Do you guys mind if I put this in the Book of World records for the longest forum beef on a rap star (the best rap start of course)!

In reply to david

My faith in life is realism.

'Tis be true that realism is a dish best served cold.

tis true tis true… and death is very cold.

I’m going to go outside and have 60 seconds for mr Tupac out of respect for my peers Dan and Ragewolf. Perhaps that will truely make up for me being so cold and heartless.

(oh and just to let you know… I’m not poking fun… as a budhist I take momment’s of silence very seriously too. I will reflect, honestly upon his accomplishments.)

Dave:

I know you weren’t trying to piss off Rage Wolf or anything like that. I know you meant no harm. But the point is, you were creating harm.

So, let me reword that post:

“Don’t be a prick, Dave.”

Although it’s not really worth mentioning or discussing at this point because you’re being a perfectly kind and friendly person right now. So never mind.

Nothing for nothing liveacustic… but don’t you be a prick. And by telling me not to be one you are being a prick.

It’s simple… I was ASKED FOR MY FEELINGS. Or rather the question was asked, “are you a fan” by what was said in the first post.

If you ask, and you don’t like the response, you shouldn’t have asked in the first place, or you should have asked the question in a place where you knew you’d get sympathy. It is neither my job, nor my obligation to protect your feelings. It is not your job to tell me how to behave or act. PERIOD.

So to reply to your post… go screw yourself acoustic…

please… don’t take that to heart… (gee I’ll bet me saying that doesn’t help at all to smooth out the previous comment. It didn’t help when it was done to me either.)