Anyone direct me to a tutorial for this effect?

Hi guys, i was wondering what the following effect is called where random verticle bars move in a left-right direction.

An example is on the following site (green flash image on right hand side)

i know its not the best example since it isnt 100% what im wanting but i can only think of this site as the closest. What im after is slightly quicker movement and the bars moving off the edge of the animation. I mean im sure the effect is the exact same hence would like to know what it is called.

Furthermore, i would love to know how to add them floating random dots on the screen. Again a tutorial would be great

Thanks guys and keep up the hard work running this great site