Anyone?

if you read this thread more carefully u would of seen that i am planing on using it as a splash page for my personal site [not a portfolio, seeing as i havent done any real sites]. my personal site is just going to be about myself, ill create some sort of blog or journal, i mite have some good links…and such.

personally i like 3 would be better if u made the sky lighter

I read your posts with enough care to see that you didn’t read mine.

It depends on how the color is used. It also depends on how the pics are used. I think you would get a better response if we knew the intended use of the photos… styles… colors…

You said it’s for a personal site. Well are you going to make it all dark colors and add a grunge style to it. Do you want it to be cold and dark, or are you going to make it all bright and bubly using soft rounded shapes and a classic 70’s style theme.

Since you won’t hear me with words…

Same picture… two different styles…

That was just two 1 minute examples of how different an image can be used. If you want better answers, ask better questions.

[COLOR=DimGray][SIZE=1]*Edit. I ripped the grid effect and birds from Silent Gear’s battle with UNFLUX[/SIZE][/COLOR]

i was going for a more modern feel to it. like bright, but not bubbly and definetly not 70’s. i dont think those 3 pics can really be useful for grunge, and im not a big fan of grunge. i want it to be this style-simple and effective [color=royalblue]click here[/color].

[font=Century Gothic][color=deepskyblue]yeah, i’m sorta going for the feel of the second picture, with the grid, that one is more fresh and clean.[/color][/font]

X_22 Please be patient, our members are just like you and do this on their free time. They will reply when they feel they have the time to take out of their day to help you.

I have to agree with ethan - its not the starting photo its what you want to do with it. Telling us that you want to edit it and use it on your site really doesnt help anyone, all that does is tell us what we already know. It really is how you use it not what it is.

I’m still sticking with my points.

Also the site you showed is very deconstructed. Meaning very little imagery and color value. I suggest designing a concept and then once you have the concept incorporate and switch out all three photos to see which one works best.

It really is how you use it not what it is.

what do u mean by that? i will use it on my personal site! i have said that a few times already, i dont like repeating myself but i do feel that some of u dont read carefully.

Holy Great Guacamole!

We know you are going to use the picture for your personal site, but how are you going to use the image? As in how will you manipulate it, incorporate it, enhance it, expose it? How will you use it to create a design…

its a splash page, its just going to say-enter [requirements flash plug-in bla, bla bla]
i’ll also stick in my name or somthin, nothing too busy looking…i dont want to overwhelm the visitor.

I dont think you know how to read. We all know you want to use this for your personal site - I am saying what Ethan said, you can use it in many different styles, its those styles that make or break the image that you choose. You can do a lot with it. Going back to what Ethan said about colours, its not the colour, its what you do with it. Same with the images.

and why do you need a splah page?

So you want a splash page with just a picture on it. Like a white page with a picture and your welcome blah blah text?

You’re not going to edit the photo at all?

i need a splash page, because what if someone doesnt have * the flash plug-in?
[U]
* and i will edit the photo!!!**[/U]
I will add some components, i like what you did in that example u showed me…i’m trying to go for a modern fresh look. rite now i cant tell u for sure what i will add. i first need to see what is the most effective picture, and then i will decide what effects are most suitable to add to the picture.

Well the flash-check is a whole seperate thread, but you put a script to check for flash. I hate sites with enter buttons, but again that is preference.

I still think you’re doing things backwards. For me I collect photos like you have that inspire me, then I start putting together my design in photoshop. We could all say we like #2 best and then you go and create some horrible picture with it. Or vice versa.

but see, i dont have that much photoshop training, i dont know how to create my own images. i can manipulate though. i will take the favorite pic of this forum, and create a couple different ones, and make another vote on which is the best, and thats gonna be on my site!

I mean this in a genuine way, but is English your first language? It just seems like you keep taking the wrong meaning of my and other peoples words.

I never said create and image like from scratch. I said create one, meaning to start with something stock and create your own artwork from it.

LoL, fun.

By saying we need to know the application doesn’t mean we want to know that it’s for your site. Basically what we need to know in a nutshell is what your site looks like. You want us to choose for you but we have nothing to go off of. We don’t know how your site is themed. We don’t know how well the image will flow w/ your site. We need to know the aesthetics.

o.k. now i am repeating myself and you DO NOT need to remind me [this is for simplistik]

[1] i am making a personal site. [about me, blog, fav links, gallery…]
[2] i want a clean, fresh, modern look to it
[3] i will have a splash page [one of the 3 pictures, an enter button, and requirements]

i know flash animation well, and limited actionscript
im bad at photoshop, but follow tutorials very well *(hint hint)

[font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=royalblue]@ ethan, english is my 2nd language[/color][/size][/font]

Ok now I am repeating myself. You aren’t listening to what any of us our saying, so I’m not going to reply again as it seems like wasted air.

Simplistik rehashed what I said. We need to know the style you have or want. WE KNOW THIS IS YOUR PERSONAL SPLASH PAGE. What we don’t know is anything else. Well you said Modern, but that can be many things. I suggest taking your three images and playing with them in photoshop use the colors and styles you want with all 3 images and then we will decide which one fits best.

Take it or leave it, but my advice to you is to stop telling everyone how things are long enough to listen to those who have already made your mistakes and can help you learn faster.

good luck.

Would it be easier if i showed you 5 sites that all have the same style and then you would tell me which of the pictures would work in that style?