Borderless windows tutorial

The tutorial is great - I’ve seen this done but never had a clue how to do it - it’s brilliant.

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flash5/borderless.asp

Are there any copyright use issues relating to the java that does the magic?

Or can we use it freely?

Cheers

John :slight_smile:

Hey John,
I don’t have any copyrights on anything I create. The JavaScript is not mine, it belongs to microbians (I give them credit towards the end). I think you are free to do whatever you like with it. I have seen many sites using this code, and I think the owner of Microbians said something about it being open-source. I think you can do whatever you want with it as long as you don’t try to sell the JS file for money (won’t bother me because I didn’t create it, but it might disturb the nice person at microbians who made the code free to use).

Cheers!
Kirupa :bandit:

The microbians code is free for non-commercial use. You can download the .zip file on their website. The .zip file comes with a license.txt file which I have attached to this message. It contains all copywrite information and says what you can and cannot do with the code and files:)

Oh yeah, the .zip file also contains tutorials on how to use the windows and how to launch them from both flash and html coding=)

Thanks for the excellent tutorial (as always).

Now, I noticed that on the microbian site, you couldn’t right-click on anything on the site. No checking source-code or saving images. This would be a nice way to protecting your copyright…to some extent (people could always do a screenshot and get the images, but that’s more work :wink:

Where can I find this code?

Yours