Brazilian completely LOST!

Hello List,

Greetings from Rio de Janeiro!

This is the first time I post here. I am new into flash…and Ive been into webdesign for not a long time…so…I hope I can find some good tips to make me feel less lost…

Firstly, I am very confused with Flash and Flash MX…I dont have flash5.0 …only the flashMX…and I can work ok with switch2.0v
But I wanted more…and reading the tutorials I got excited and I got the flash MX …so I had jumped from Switch to flash MX and I guess it is totally different…I cannot find any FX there…just extensive controllers…

Shall I work with flash 5.0 instead?

FOr instance …Ive been trying to add the making fx using image…but I found it is for flash 5.0 and I cant get it work around in theMX version…can anyone tell me exactly what is th edifference between flash5.0 and MX ? …I had thought MX would be just a more sophisticated soft but I guess it also works in a different way…I cant crewate my fxs from the mx…I guess I must import some movie(???)…well…am deeply frustrated…even though I had followed the tutorials for MX I find it not userfriendly…

Would anyone be able to understand what I mean ? Or am I speaking Chinese?BTW…MX and Chinese are very similar to me…but i hope to be able to undersatand it…

SO , please , can any of u tell me what to do in case of short cut brain??? Shall I give up for MX and work on 5.o instead? I had also found it is not possible to edit my swi files on the flash which also gets me frustrated…

Any of you must have been one day in the past as lost and ansious as I am , so I thank yo uin advance your comprehension .

Jose :slight_smile:

Hi there, ou Olá :). Vou falar em inglês que é para todas as pessoas que virem isto possam perceber ok ?

Everything you can make in Flash MX, you can make it in flash 5 too. With small differences of course. The actionscript in FlashMX is different from Flash5. But i think it is much easier for you to work with FlashMX. A lot of new functionalities have been added to this version. Like the possibilitie of using pre-created components in your works. I prefer FlashMX. :slight_smile:

Yeah, MX rules! :stuck_out_tongue: