Button embedded in a movie

I have a movie, in which is embedded three buttons. On release I want these buttons to move to the next frame of the main movie. I can’t seem to get this to work with the following syntax. What am I doing wrong?

on (release) {
gotoAndStop(“Scene 1”, 6);
}

I dont get what you’re asking. You’re asking how to move the buttons?

No…maybe they are not ‘embedded’ if that means something in FLash terminology. Basically within the movie, which is a symbol, I have some buttons (which are used elsewhere in the movie). They work when they are placed normally within the main move (scene 1). However, as soon as I try to get them to be ‘clickable’ within the symbol, they nop longer work, even when scene 1 is referenced.

Hope that made a bit more sense…

OK. I can make the question more easy.

On a button click in a movie, the playhead moves to the next frame in the movie. This frame includes a symbol that is a movie. This plays as soon as the playhead reaches the frame holding the symbol. I want the playhead in the main movie to move back to the frame where the original button was as soon as the symbol movie finishes playing.

I have tried placing the gotoandstop action on the final frame of the movie, but using this I can only navigate the playhead in the symbol, even when refering to the main movie, scene 1, as follows:

gotoAndStop(“Scene 1”, 5);

Surely what I want to do is really easy?!

Try

_root.gotoAndPlay(5);

pom :asian:

ahhhh

Thanks a lot that works fine :slight_smile: