By the year 3750 the entire Earth will be composed of human flesh

The human population recently passed six billion and is doubling about once every forty years. At this exponential rate, if an average person weighs seventy kilograms, then by the year 3750 the entire Earth will be composed of human flesh. But before you invest in deodorant, realize that the population will stop increasing long before this-either because of famine, epidemic disease, global warming, mass species extinctions, unbreathable air, or, entering the speculative realm, birth control.

Forty years? Are you sure about that? Last time I checked (which was about 1 year ago) the population would be doubled around 2070.

Btw I’m betting $100 we’ll all be dead by 2100. Where’s fester? He’ll take my bet. lol

*“I dont know with what weapons World War
III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones” (Albert Einstein) *

because of famine, epidemic disease, global warming, mass species extinctions, unbreathable air, or, entering the speculative realm, birth control.

Or we could spread to other planets :slight_smile:

He was a smart one, wasn’t he…

:sigh:

agreed. Hopefully by 3750 we will have aliviated stress on the earth by shipping off most of our population to several distant planets.

edit: and mtsoul makes an excellent point

pssh. i’ll be dead by then - dont give a frick. :lol:

Interesting though.

Thats scary. I used to get pretty depressed thinking about stuff like that, because the human race is so pathetic. For a long time i told myself i would never have kids because the reproduction rate is so crazy, but then I realized i was a complete idiot and things like this are pointless to think about.

I look at this way. If smart people don’t have kids, and all the dumb people do, then the world is going to be filled with a lot of dumb people :stuck_out_tongue:

kman, your speaking in future tense - I believe that is incorrect. You should be speaking in present tense.

i think i heard somewhere that the USA is actually not growing, we are either shrinking or staying stagnant in our population.

I look at this way. If smart people don’t have kids, and all the dumb people do, then the world is going to be filled with a lot of dumb people

its quite easy. many dumb people get many children.
here my masterplan

intelligent people —beer–> intelligent people that behave dumb —dumbpeople_effect_(==no_contraceptives+lowered_expectations)–> intelligent children

That’s exactly what I had in mind.

I personally don’t plan on being dead by then, so I need to build me a rocket to get off this stupid rock!

I think when I get to around 60, I’d kill myself.

The grave yards are gunna overflow with the dead! yay dead people!!!

nah man when im 60 im gonna be having fun telling amazingly annoying stories and boring the crap out of everyone lol;)