Cant figure out HTML Formatted Dynamic Text!?!

Hi there!

I really hope someone can help me. I have lots of pages of text for this flash project Im working on & I have put all the text into one text file & am using variables to dynamically load the text into a text box on each external swf.

My problem is that I have decided to format the text using html, just put things in itallic & bold etc and it doesnt seem to work. After the 1st html tag, the text just dissapears. I have the format as html button pressed & have searched these forums & still cant find the answer. Please help!

My code on the 1st frame of the external swf is…

//loads text
loadText = new LoadVars();
    loadText.load("axios.txt");
    loadText.onLoad = function(success) {
        if (success) {
            //trace(success);
			box.html = true;
            box.htmlText = this.corptext;
			delete this.onEnterFrame;
        }
    };

And my text file looks like this…

&corptext=<b>Axios Systems</b> is a leading provider of consolidated IT Service Management software solutions.&

But any text between the html tags dissapears. What am I doing wrong?

Your help is much appreciated :slight_smile:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/html_text_outlines.htm

…? :slight_smile:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! :thumb:

You’re welcome, you’re welcome, you’re welcome, you’re welcome, you’re welcome, you’re welcome, you’re welcome, you’re welcome, you’re welcome, you’re welcome, you’re welcome, you’re welcome, you’re welcome, you’re welcome!!! :wink: