Change default layer to actions layer... easy fix

so i always get annoyed that the default layer in a new flash document is called layer one… why not call it actions… or have it set up with a folder called actionscripts and a layer or numerous layers called actions… There is a way with tweak UI to add different Flash Templates to the “new” menu in windows in the context menu on right click… (ya know… right click on the desktop the go to new)… so if you get tweak ui… you can get it here… http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

then install it… run it… go to the “New” tab… edit all that… then open up flash… arrange everything you would want when you first open up the document… like the layer name, how the panels are arranged and so on… then do a file save as… save that file as what you want it to say in the “New” context menu… then drag that icon to the window in Tweak UI where all the “New” items are listed… it will add it… hit apply…

now instead of opening up a flash document and having to change layer names or rearange panels… (yes i know there are panel sets)… just right click wherever you want the new flash document… choose it from the new menu… then double click and vuala… preset flash document…

i know you can make a template also but i dont like that either… this is a really quick way to make new flash documents the way you want them… think of it as quick access to templates right in the “New” menu…

later