Cinema 4d

Hello.

I’ve really been trying to buckle down and learn some Cinema 4d recently. I’m having a hard time getting started, i want to model some space ships and stuff. I was wondering if anyone could give me a few pointers or referneces on…

good renders (like that soft whiteish render)
modeling
anything useful

(I’ve already looked at a bunch of tuts… it’s not helpin.)

Thanks guys!

Practice, practice, and more practice. Just start with some simple platonic objects like spheres and cubes. Make them editable and use the Polygon Tool to mold and shape them into whatever you want. When you’re done, if you want to smooth it out then throw it into a hyper NURB.

I’ve been doin that for a week, came up with some pretty neat things, but not what i want.

I made some lightsabres and stuff with the LATHE nurbs… but… just need some ‘tricks of the trade’

=)

go to www.cgtalk.com or www.3dbuzz.com 3d buzz has free video tutorials

www.maxon.net then go to support/tutorials…

you have to start by here - it has the basis and more adanced stuff…

btw do you have c4d7 or the new one (8 I guess =)). Cos I’d love to see that incredible hdri rendering engine…

anyway in c4d you’ve gotta click everytwhere to see what does what. Fool around with all the options…
I’ve had access to c4d for months and I still can’t get bodypaint to do what I want, so it does take time sometimes…