Coding a game

well the board must be possesd then :slight_smile: hehe i hate it when that happens!

I think for larger games, yes, tiles are the way to go as I was telling Eilsoe - but he wanted something different.

Although it depends on things like the game area, speed the theme of the game, etc.

yeah tiles are a lot easier than drawing the whole thing u just have ur 2dimensional array and say which parts whichā€¦ hehe do wot u want :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll post a link to some older games I did. I havenā€™t done anything new lately - too busy helping others and getting my head round the actionscripts.

The games were done for someoneā€™s site. It has a political theme, so may not suit everyoneā€™s taste, but hey, I donā€™t judge, because thereā€™s always three sides to story, one, the other and the one CNN doesnā€™t show :cool:

You guys are posting too fast for me [SIZE=1]and my computerā€¦[/SIZE]

pom :stuck_out_tongue:

By the way, check these games. Theyā€™re French, and theyā€™re just too good.
hypraspeed
Hublo

yeah same hereā€¦i cant keep up with itā€¦we need a chat thingy :slight_smile:

But this is an excellent discussion. I hope you guys will be there when I [SIZE=1]eventually[/SIZE] start that game of mine.

pom :slight_smile:

Take it easy guys! :slight_smile:

26 repliesā€¦ jesusā€¦

Well I was going for a pacman type game. Without monsters. And of course, a maze to run through. At startup I want the player to start somewheer in the maze, and something (letā€™s say a dustball) pop up somewhere else. Now, the point is, to race through the maze collecting these dustballs. When one is picked up, another or maybe two appears somewhere else in the mazeā€¦

Thatā€™s basically itā€¦

Any thoughts Flex? Anybody?

That link to the I gave you should take you throught all those aspects.

Iā€™ll see if I have any flas you can look at.