Color object / exporting / emailing swf!

Hi there,

I’ve created a hotair balloon designer for a client which can be found at www.fmedesign.co.uk/balloon.htm. It works just as I want to so no problems there - however there are a few additions that I’d like to add but don’t know how to at this stage.

1. How would I add a reset button to change all the panels back to white at a click of a button? The code for each button is:

on (press)
{
fillColor=0xE41F1F;
}

and the code for each balloon panel is:

on (press) {
iColor = new Color(this);
iColor.setRGB(_root.fillColor);
delete iColor;
}

1. Also, I know how to create a custom cursor but how would I get this to change to the colour that’s been selected?

2. Finally (and this is the biggie!), the client would like to build in a function which would allow the user to send the finished design to them by a click of a button. I’m guessing that this is an involved job, and would perhaps require a database to send the finished .swf to (if it’s possible at all?) I’ve seen other sites which allow you to design something in Flash and then send it off (such as at http://www.mrpicassohead.com/), but it looks like this involves utilising a database (a word which strikes fear into my heart!)

Thanks for your help,

Dan

I don’t know about the exporting, but here’s what I’d suggest for the other two problems:

For the global reset, just insert a for function that sets each MC back to 0xFFFFFF or whatever.

For the cursor just create a MC you want as your cursor and add this to the first frame of your movie after placing the MC on the stage and naming it accordingly:
Mouse.hide()
cursorMC.onEnterFrame = function() {
this._x = _root._xmouse;
this._y = _root._ymouse;
}

And then to change the color, amend your on (press) for the colors to be:
on (press)
{
fillColor=0xE41F1F;
cursorColor = new Color(_root.cursorMC);
cursorColor.setRGB(fillColor);
delete cursorColor;
}

You get the idea. I don’t have Flash in front of me so I can’t be 100% sure the syntax is right, but it’s good enough to get you going IMO.

That’s great - cheers for that!

As for resetting the colours, would you mind giving me an idea of the code required? I’m a relative newbie to Actionscripting and the balloon thingy was modified from a tutorial.

Thanks a million for your help,

Dan