Content Position

I want to change the way my content ends up on my site. If I put a small amount of text in a large div the text will appear in in the center of the div, half way down the div.

Is there a way to make it so that any amount of content put in a table or div starts from the top, and then as more is added it just piles downwards? instead of having to build up from the middle?

I’m sorry if this is hard to understand and if you don’t know what I mean I will post a more in-depth explanation.

[QUOTE=Fretspider;1983584]I’m sorry if this is hard to understand and if you don’t know what I mean I will post a more in-depth explanation.[/QUOTE]

Please do so. By default the content should be building up from the top down if I´m not mistaken. Have you got some CSS code somewhere else on your page that might have changed this ? Can we see some HTML (+CSS) please ?

Hmm. There is no different HTML or CSS, it is just a default thing. What I want is the text to, when entered into a normal table, start from the top of the table and continue down until it gets to the bottom.

Should I post a diagram or something?

No that is not necessary…

You basically just want to style your TD´s.

You can try out some other values as well: bottom, middle

… and there are a few others

http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_pos_vertical-align.asp

<html>
<head>
<title>Table</title>
<style>
td { vertical-align:top;}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<table border="1px">
<tr>
<td>dmfkæmmækgæfmdgd<br>
g,fgm,kldfmgkdfg<br>
g,fkdlgnmjkdfngkldf<br>
mgkdngjkdfngjkldg<br>
mgdkgnmkdfmgdf<br>
</td>
<td>gmkfgmdkmægklædf<br>
mkdfgmkdg</td>
<td>g,fkgmdmfgmlædfmgkdlæfmgl</td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

Cheers mate, I’ll test it out. =)

Thank you very much! Thats exactly what I wanted.