Coronavirus Tracker Dashboard!

There is a new site that came online over the weekend by the creators of Instagram: https://rt.live/

It tracks the reproduction number to help identify how many secondary infections might occur in an area.

:mushroom:

1 Like

I wonder why Kentucky is green when I just read KENTUCKY REPORTS HIGHEST CORONAVIRUS INFECTION INCREASE AFTER A WEEK OF PROTESTS TO REOPEN STATE. (Sorry, caps not mine)

Ok, KY is back in the red. How quickly things can change. And if you look at last week, we’ve gotten worse, going from around a dozen in the red to now around 20. And some of the best states from before are now the worst and vise versa.

No real surprises this week. Trends continue though slowly seem to be leveling off. US was apparently at the top of their curve for new cases but yesterday saw the highest spike yet so who knows. Protests are not making things better and there’s still concerns about lack of testing.

I can’t tell whether I’m flouting the quarantine by living my normal life or my normal life for the past four years has just been self-imposed quarantine.

A little of Column A and a little of Column B :crazy_face:

Week 10 highlights: US reaches over a million confirmed cases. US deaths also topped 50 thousand this past week. While new cases seem to be leveling off overall, we’re still seeing spikes, the largest being this past week as well.

On a more positive note, Italy’s new cases have dropped significantly, and Spain is following suit despite a few spikes here and there (these both having the #2 and #3 spots in total confirmed cases below the US).

Brazil and Russia, however, are looking bleak. While Brazil edges toward being next big coronavirus hot spot, there have also been reports that Nurses Quit En Masse From Russia’s Top Coronavirus Hospital due to poor conditions and wages.

FYI: This will be the last weekly update I’ll be doing.

@senocular, did you give up on providing observations?

Yeah, I only kept up with the updates for 10 weeks (noted that at the bottom of the last post). I figured we’re so inundated with news related to this pandemic everywhere else, there was no real need in keeping it up here as well. Plus the trends haven’t really changed: U.S. = bad with Brazil and Russia chasing behind (with UK in 4th now too).

They don’t have a chance at competing with our numbers. Back to the pile!

Ha, I failed to note that. :wink:

Coronavirus is a big threat to humanity, you can really check out the tally of how it affects us and humanity thank you for this tracker as it helps us to keep ourselves in our home.