Creating Continuous Movement

I have read the toturial under special FX for flash MX, about Creating Continuous Movement. It worked out fine, but how can I make the same effect in a movieClip? When I try, the scaling of the objeckts is going crazy and they can move backwards!! If anyone has any suggestions, plz let me know!!

umm…yeah, a little help, please. I had the same problem.

lol

It should work the same.

It goes backwards and scales largely if you view it from inside Flash. This is because the screen are is larger than your actual movie, but if you think about it in terms where the viewer will only be able to move the mouse at, it should work.

If you changed the size of the movie you may have to change some of the numbers to fit what you want because with the way it is set up now, it was pretty much meant for that size.

If this isn’t the problem, can someone post a .zip file with the .fla in it so I can scope it out.

the problem is that I want to make the effect in a movieClip, that is smaller than the stage. Somehow the the clip must be told that its only when the courser is over a certain area, that is should take effect. Don’t know if thats do-able!:-\

You mean like if the mouse cursor is over a button you want the animation to be triggered?

If so, I have never seen it done, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be. If I get time I will try and figure it out. Let me know if that’s what you mean.

it would be okay, if it could interact when the courser is over the movieClip itself!:slight_smile:

Well with MX that is completely possible too. Probably in Flash 5 with hitTest, but it is possible in MX with dyanmic event handlers.

Anyways, when I try it, I will use a movie clip instead of a button.

Ok, I didn’t have much time to work on it, but I did get something going. I attached a .zip file with what I think you wanted.

The “movieButton” layer contains the movie clip which acts as a button, it also contains the actions that makes the movie clip a button and tells it what to do.

The “Actions” layer just contains stop(); actions on each frame.

And well of course the other layer contains the orbs.

I hope this helps with what you are trying to do:)

thx! I’ll have a look at it!

Let me know how it goes:)

Yup! that works just fine! But could it be a little more advanced? Now, the movie only plays when the courser is over the “hit area”. Could it be done in a way, so that the movie keeps on playing, but only when the courser is over the hit area the speed and scaling of the objects should be possible.
anyway, thx for all your help!
could u write some short explanaitions between the lines in the code, to tell me what they do? only if its not too much trouble! :slight_smile:

I will see what I can do, but I don’t have much time on my hands today and I am leaving for the weekend. If I don’t get it to you on time hopefully someone else will:)

thats fine! no rush! have bigger problems with that other thing I posted!!:slight_smile: