Cursor

Lost:

I see. Cheers.

Ilyas > So the buttons can’t say “hey” - that’s tough for them…

Thanks. I was starting to think I was going crazy.

“I swore it worked…I really do…could I be wrong? No, I am not wrong! Or am I? WHAT DO I DO???” :crazy:

So, let get this straight - Lost’s method works? I didn’t know if Ilyas was being sarcastic…

My method worked for me.

OK, I don’t know who’s answering who anymore, but this (I’ve just seen the but.onRollOver, sorry)

Button.prototype.onRollOver = function() {
	this.useHandCursor = false;
	but.onRollOver = function() {
		trace("hey");
	};
};

does’t make sense. This will reassign all the rollovers whenever you rollover a button :crazy: And if you have to define all the rollover INSIDE THE ROLLOVER prototype… well it’s just useless. This method is basically the same as declaring all the buttons useHandCursor=false one by one, and then give them an onRollOver, only it’s worse. :slight_smile:

What I’m trying to say (poorly) it that you can’t touch the onRollOver. You have to do something else. All we have to do is find out what…

pom :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting.

I tried declaring it outisde of the prototype, but then the useHandCursor = false doesn’t work.

But when I declared it inside the prototype, everything worked peachy keen.

Hmm, I don’t know of any other methods :-\

Unless you make a movie Clip a button and declare the useHandCursor on the movie clip :q:

Lost, I 'm taking back my thanks . Hehe

My method works, its just not optimized!!!

Oh, so it works. Hmm this is a bit sh***y. One thing works, then it doesn’t, then it does. So if your way works but not optimised, then I suppose you still get half a thanks.

Half is better than none :stuck_out_tongue:

*Originally posted by lostinbeta *
**My method works, its just not optimized!!! **
If you’re talking about the one I quoted in my last message, I’m sorry, but it is anti-optimized. :stuck_out_tongue: It is much easier, and logical, to put

but1.useHandCursor=false;
but2.useHandCursor=false;
//...
but1.onRollOver=function(){
//...
}

I don’t know how I can explain this any better: your method doesn’t solve any problem (which is to disable the hand on all buttons): you’re doing the same as I’ve just written, except in a twisted, uneffective way.

Sorry if I seem so hard, it’s late here, and my English is leaving me :*(

pom :asian:

OK, let me rephrase and ask you one question

deep breath

Why do you need to modify the onRollOver method for?

pom :smirk:

But if it is uneffective, why does it work? I knew it was anti-optimized, it is impossible for me to create something that is optimized, haven’t you been reading my threads! :stuck_out_tongue:

I tried your method and the “but” used the handCursor. So what other way is there to have “but” trace something but not use the hand cursor?

I am getting interested in finding this out :slight_smile:

but.useHandCursor=false;
but.onRollOver=function(){
   trace("hey");
}

So? Why do you need to modify the onRollOver method for?
:slight_smile:

Well with that method it works, but I was trying to figure it out with the prototype.

Because with the method you just used, you will need to add that code for every button.

I suppose it is better that nothing though :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, but with your code, you have to define IN THE PROTOTYPE all the rollOvers of all the buttons in the whole movie. :-\

The purpose of prototype methods is to define very general methods that the whole class will use. Then if you have to define all the behaviour of all the elements of that class, this is not dynamic at all, it kinda defeats the purpose. You see what I mean?

pom :smirk:

Yes sir:(

:stuck_out_tongue: Don’t take it like that :stuck_out_tongue:

Truly sorry if I pissed you off :frowning: