Disable the floating menu

hi!

i was able to disable the right click option in a webpage using javascript.
I just want to ask if there is a way to disable the floating menu that appears on the left top of a webpage (save,print, email option).

thanks in advanced!

flashroiem

That’s bad for usability, and will annoy the heck out of your users. Be a good person, and don’t do that. :wink:

sorry about that.
a friend of mine just wanted to disable the save option on an image.

:slight_smile:

Meh. In my opinion, that’s rather useless. If they really want it, that’s not going to stop them anyways. If you don’t want people to have your image, don’t put it online. :wink:

Oh let me tell ya, I use mouse gestures (https://addons.mozilla.org/addon.php?id=39) for Firefox and it’s set to use the right mouse button for the gestures. There’s nothing I hate more than going to a website that tries to prevent the use of a right mouse click. Makes using any mouse gestures impossible.

Yeah the right click won’t stop people from getting your image. There’s always view the code and find where the image is or file > save as… and save the full webpage. And if those fail, take a screen capture, paste into a photo program and crop out what the image you’re after.

Basically if the image is online, there’s a way to get it.