Doom 3 minimum specs released (Page 3)

Kirupa, What Graphics card you got?

Radeon 9800 pro 128 Mb is good for the money, it’s what i’ve got.

Guys Guys Guys…
You don’t realize what the beauty of Doom3 engine is…

It’ll run beautifuly on like almost any graphic card. When I played it, I have a NVIDIA GeForce MX 440… Like 200$ card, and it ran so smoothly and amazingly. Don’t worry if you don’t have the best, thats whats so amazing about it!

I’m gettin a new computer next week so I’m prepared :bad:

Grinch, have you played the alpha 2? It looks a little dull on a GeForce MX. I’d know, because I upgraded from one to my current GeForce FX 5800 Ultra. There is such a noticable difference in Direct X 9 support than on an MX. I’d definitily reccomend checking it out at a friends house.

Thats what I did, and then at mine. The alpha was running great on my comp. Crystal clear graphics, amazing stuff. I also first played it on a Radeon 9600 and yeah, theres a difference. But ya know what I’m saying, just don’t have to worry too much on your card not being good enough, it still looks awsome!

There’s also native linux binaries as well, which rules :smiley: Maybe now ATi will actually bother delivering some decent gfx drivers for linux…

HA… The GeForce… Come on those cards are outdated…Radeon is always one step up from GeForce. as example the X800 :slight_smile:

yeah… they ARE outdated. and so is my system. :{

I have a 9600 Pro, and I bought it only a week or so ago :stuck_out_tongue: The reason I bought the 9600 was so that I wouldn’t feel bad having to get a much better graphics card/system a few months down the road instead. I really the latest top-of-the-line cards from nvidia and ati.

Hey,
I got what I paid for man. I don’t have a couple hundred dollars to whip up and buy a Radeon…

HA… The GeForce… Come on those cards are outdated…Radeon is always one step up from GeForce. as example the X800

The GeForce is outdated? The 6800 right up there with the X800 my friend. I’m not bashing ATi or anything. I’m just saying Nvidia looks just as good. All the reviews either favor the X800 or the 6800 by a very very slight margin. Most reviews say they are equivalent.

id recommends a highend GeForce card to play Doom 3 :wink:

6800 also is the only card with Pixel Shader 3.0 :smiley:

The min specs for the game just came out:

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/tech/weekly/2690450

I’m sorry but it isn’t… X800 is the fastest thing out there… And totally woops all graphics ars.

…T-O, sorry man, but the 6800 ultra kicks some major *** aswell. Max PC (basically the best computer magazine for people who actually understand computers), said that the 6800 Ultra is actually the better performing card over the X800 XT. The drawback is that it needs a lot of power (draws power from the AGP port, aswell as a power supply hook-up), so they said the better value would be the x800 XT. Personally, I’d probobly get an X800, but there is no doubt that the 6800 is freaking awesome. I personally just don’t want to buy a new power supply, so I’d pick up an X800. Read up on the cards man.

hehe, for you skeptics, the Nvidia 6800 outperformed the ATI X800 in Doom 3 :wink:

http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQy

Nvidia on top, once again.

Yeah!
Nvidia has always been the best… :slight_smile:
I remember, about 2 years ago, dipi and I went to this Maya convention in Boston, and they were showing the release of the NVIDIA Quadro FX. It was amazing stuff.

On some tests the nVidia will outperform, on some tests the ATI will outperform :slight_smile: Once your frame rates start going over 60-70, you probably won’t notice a 4 or 5 fps difference. Though such frame rates in Doom 3 are a good ways off hehe.

Both ATI and nVidia preform well. The scale is constantly teetering back and forth between the two. Personally, I’ve got a little grudge with nVidia since their driver messed up my computer’s settings, so I prefer ATI since I never had that problem with them. Anyway, I agree with Kman.

EDIT: And holy $*&@! those are MINIMUM specs! My computer barely meets the minimum!

Not bad for a 3 year old.