Eminem wins OSCAR! +1 merged thread

Something more special?

Man… The movie was great… it portrayed some of the lives of some Dteroit happenings… I mean…Nah… it wasn’t the best and I think the ending should have been drawn out some more… Maybe some more events adding to the end but the main movie wasn’t that bad…

The sountrack rocks… hehe

~ playamarz

*Originally posted by Kitiara *

But Eminem and D12 performed there one time, doing Purple Hills. **
isnt it Purple Pills. maybe im wrong. <3 kit:cyborg:

*Originally posted by Kajinku *
**He won an oscar for… the 8 Mile soundtrack I suppose… right?
I like some of his songs and lyrics, but the movie 8 Mile really isn’t that good. I was disappointed. Nothing happens in it, I was hoping for something more “special”. **

Did you espect kinda Star Wars? =) It’s just real life, simple intresting
story about real life. I like 8 mile very much, his music too. He’s
a great guy. And how tall is he, in meters please :wink: ,
oh and could anyone tell me 1.86 cm in " and ’ ? =) :stuck_out_tongue:

isnt it Purple Pills. maybe im wrong
No, you are indeed correct. The proper version is Purple Pills, but the English censors had a bit of a problem with that. So they had to change it to Purple Hills instead. In case hordes of English youths suddenly went out taking drugs because Eminem told them to. :sigh:

crazy!

*Originally posted by Lynx *
**Did you espect kinda Star Wars? =) It’s just real life, simple intresting
story about real life. I like 8 mile very much, his music too. He’s
a great guy. And how tall is he, in meters please :wink: ,
oh and could anyone tell me 1.86 cm in " and ’ ? =) :stuck_out_tongue: **

No, I wasn’t expecting Star Wars or Spiderman at all… and OK, I admit, the movie is maybe about the real Detroit, but tell me, what does really happen in this movie? The soundtrack is very cool, I own it on CD, but the story is… erm… “meh”.
Nothing happens. He doesn’t have any respect, he fights, he plays with the lady :wink: , he fights again, he gets respect, and that’s it. The last part was cool though, when he finally rapped on stage. But I don’t think the overall story is “worth” for being a film, that’s all.

Kajinku, dunno, imo, it’s a good movie. What about Spiderman? Does it worth whatching it? Sfx and so are good, but everything else…

*Originally posted by Lynx *
**Kajinku, dunno, imo, it’s a good movie. What about Spiderman? Does it worth whatching it? Sfx and so are good, but everything else… **

Spiderman was not the best movie ever, and I think because every fan of the comics knew the story before the movie came out it lost a bit of its magic. But, when watching it in a fair way, no, it’s certainly not a bad movie. There are always people that never read comics and go watch a super hero movie. Then they say “it sucked big time”. Get the picture? I have to agree that DareDevil wasn’t good though.

If you’re open for all kinds of films, try these, they are worth checking out!

1. The Green Mile
  2. The Hunt for Red October (cool Sean Connery!)
  3. The Lord of the Rings (Fellowship & Two Towers)
  4. The Sixth Sense
  5. Signs (amazing movie, weird ending)
  6. Monsters Inc, Toy Story 2
  7. Equilibrium (The Matrix - like)

has anyone other than me seen the documentary Bowling for Colombine?

It’s super-ultra awesome, and it too one an academy award, except the guy who won is a total madman. His speech scared me. Did you hear how fast the symphony tried to kick him off?

I didn’t see his documentary, but yeah, the symphony tried to get him off the stage. :slight_smile: Hehe. The guy didn’t really care, he just spoke louder. :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by Kajinku *
**2) The Hunt for Red October (cool Sean Connery!) **

Hey, I love this movie, it’s about one guy from my coutry who stole submarine from russians :slight_smile: very good film =)

LOL, not really. It’s about a Russian guy giving away a Russian nuclear submarine to the guy of your country. No stealing. :wink:

true… :slight_smile:

I wanted U2 to win :frowning: The Eminem song is quite nice - at least the chorus part that I hear everywhere is. If only he’d moderate his lyrics, I’m sure more people would listen to his music.

Cheers!
Kirupa :link:

im quite a big fan, and i thought the movie was cool! after seeing it at the pictures i had to get hold of a copy(…) so i asked my friend (who can get this kind of thing) - the thing is, the copy he got was a dvd that is given to critics for awards ceromonys… usually the copys he gets are like video cam. from the cinema - but this one is absoulutly perfect - cyrstal clear…

:m:

*Originally posted by kirupa *
**I wanted U2 to win :frowning: The Eminem song is quite nice - at least the chorus part that I hear everywhere is. If only he’d moderate his lyrics, I’m sure more people would listen to his music.

Cheers!
Kirupa :link: **

Well I think he already has a ton of people listening to his music :slight_smile: He’s had millions upon millions of albums sold - someone out there is listening. But I do see your point Kman, he really could come open up a broader audience.

As for Eminem - he is an amazing artist and one of my favorites of all time. Kit - you are so lucky to have been so close to the guy I would have rushed the stage just to shake his hand :slight_smile:

The 8mile movie - I for one saw it 3 times in the theatre because I thought it was great. Very raw, had funny parts, the ending was fantastic if you are a fan of hip hop music - heck even if you arent you can appreciate it.

The soundtrack - Very good. Easily one of the best OST’s I have heard in a long time. The song he won the acadamy award for was very insperational and motivating. I think it was well deserved but I guess I am a bit biased :wink:

*Originally posted by kirupa *
**I wanted U2 to win :frowning: The Eminem song is quite nice - at least the chorus part that I hear everywhere is. If only he’d moderate his lyrics, I’m sure more people would listen to his music.

Cheers!
Kirupa :link: **

haha, I had to quote you K-man, he sells millions and millions of records…people do listen to him! hehe. I know what your sayin though. please don’t ban me…:run:

oops, i just read sureshot’s post…same thing i said. hehe sorry. But…eminem it very very talented. ONE of the best mc’s (Nas is by far the best). He deserves everything he gets. His lyrics aren’t meant to be serious (to bad so many people take them serious i.e. GLADD) I’ll admit, I did not like him when he first came out. That song sounded like another vanilla ice, I still don’t really like most of the song’s he puts out on the radio…but, listen to his cd’s…unbelivable, serious.

No doubt about it - he is very talented =) His video for Without Me is great.