[F5]Need Help Whit Slide Menu!

hello,
i saw a graet menu at www.bukwild.com.
when i done this i used this script, but didn’t work the same! PLS help!

onClipEvent (load) {
inertia = 0.6;
k = 0.1;
}
onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
x = -this._x+_root._xmouse;
xp = xpinertia+xk;
_x += xp;
}

pls have a look at www.bukwild.com and tell me how you think that it is done! The buttons go after each other but not above each other.

thanks!

Well, I think those are just rollOvers… I don’t quite see where you could put that code :-\

the buttons follow the mouse, but they don’t just follow the mouse. there is a differt of space between them.

So it can’t be just a rollover!
but thanks anyway.

Oups sorry, I didn’t see that. It’s just easing with different easing speeds. Read the tute about easing and everything should be clear. [SIZE=1]Otherwise, just :trout: Lost[/SIZE]

Thank you! it workt!

But know i have a nother problem whit it; when i put a nother button on the stage whit the same action script, the 2 buttons are on the same place.

On the site www.bukwild.com they not on the same place and they not go above each other. How can i fix this?

Can you or some one else please help me?

greetz dana

Show me your code :slight_smile:

I know I have a lot of fun playing with Robert Penners Easing Equations :wink: (A bit advanced, but fun none-the-less)

http://www.robertpenner.com/scripts/easing_equations.txt

They are definitely advanced, but the good is: you don’t have to worry about that. All you need is to call the function with the right parameters and voilà :love:

Robert Penner is scary… :o

You know me with my easing Ilyas… I have a natural love for Robert Penner for creating these!

And why is Penner scary?

Because he’s so ■■■■ good :crazy: I don’t think I’ve ever opened one of his files and actually understood how it worked :-\

I understand some of the easing equations, but yes, he is too ■■■■ good. People like that make me feel bad at Flash… :frowning:

thanks for your advice, But i didn’t understant the link of robert.
I write my script down maybe so i can explain it moore.

I have 3 MC and in each MC i have a button.

MC1 has this scrip:
onClipEvent (load) {
_x = 0;
speed = 5/1;
}
endX = _root._xmouse-50;
_x += (endX-_x)/speed;
}

MC2:
onClipEvent (load) {
_x = 0;
speed = 5/2;
}
endX = _root._xmouse-30;
_x += (endX-_x)/speed;
}

MC3:
onClipEvent (load) {
_x = 0;
speed = 5/3;
}
endX = _root._xmouse-10;
_x += (endX-_x)/speed;
}

It work but only to the right. When you go to the left, he pic the button on the right first. I preciat that you will help me, thanks for that!

Sorry? What happens when you click on the left? :q:

maybe i have to include some frame actions.
Something like:
stop ();
if (_root._xmouse>0) {
gotoAndStop (2);
}

when you slide whit your mouse to the left, the first button that goes that way is the button on the right.

i’m sorry if mine english is not to good. i’m from holland!

No prob :slight_smile: I just wanted to make sure of the problem (I don’t speak that well either, I’m a poor Frenchman :trout: )

Anyway, what you could do is change the speed depending on the direction the clips are moving. Something like this:

onClipEvent (load) {
  _x = 0;
  speed = 5/3;
}
  endX = _root._xmouse-10;
  if (endX > 0) speed=5/3;
  else speed=5/1;
  _x += (endX-_x)/speed;
}

Or something like this.

pom :cool: