Fade

How do i tint the whole movie to white, or change to 0% alpha, over 10 frames from a button? \rI want the whole movie to slowly change to white when i click a button, from the frame the movie is currently playing…

What’s your experience level? Do you know how to use Action script?

I know some yea, but im no expert.\rIf i get some instructions i can probably do it…

Depends on how interactive the Flash Page is:\rthere are a few differnt methods to do this I will show Basic Basic Basic way to do it.\r\rI will show you whats called “Frame by Frame Animation” for one button only.\r\rcreate a new movie add 10 Key Frames\ron Frame 1 and Frame 10 put a “stop action” (only frame 1 and 10).\r\rcreate a “Button” (track as button) on Frame 1\rright click it and where it says “Actions” paste code:\r\ron (release) {\rplay();\r}\r\rNow click on Frame #2 (your button should be highlighted as well) go to the “Effects Tab” and set “Alpha” to 90%\r\rNow click on Frame #3 (your button should be highlighted as well) go to the “Effects Tab” and set “Alpha” to 80%\r\rNow click on Frame #4 (your button should be highlighted as well) go to the “Effects Tab” and set “Alpha” to 70%\r\rNow click on Frame #5 (your button should be highlighted as well) go to the “Effects Tab” and set “Alpha” to 60%\r\rGet the picture ?\r\rNow click on Frame #10 (your button should be highlighted as well) go to the “Effects Tab” and set “Alpha” to 0%\r\rYou should know this is just Frame by Frame Animation and I am sure someone else will show you a better method.\rWith a name like Helpmenow You should recive alot of help :slight_smile: \r\rGood luck.

Thanks for the assist Cleaner. :slight_smile: Good explination there.

OR you can do that with Actionscript, because your method is quite long and as Supra would say, this is not reusable. I’ll tell you how to trigger the fade with a button. It can pretty much anything else.\rSo create your clip, bla bla bla, put it on the scene and give it the instance name “myclip”. Create a button and put it on the scene (NOT in the clip) and then right click it to open the Objects action panel. Write :\r\ron (press) _root.check = 1 ;\r\rOpen the actions panel of your clip and write :\r\ronClipEvent (enterFrame) {\rif (_alpha > 0) {\r if (_root.check == 1) {\r _alpha -= 5 ;\r }\r }\r}\rThis is not very reusable either, but I don’t have the patience to make it a function.\r\rpom 0] \r\rClick the button under to see the effect