Fading text

Hey, i’m trying to make an intro for my wesbite and i want the text to fade in while moving from off the screen on the left into view on the screen…

So i tried making a the text white and off the screen and then 10 frames later making in black and in the screen… i then put a mnotion tween on it and watched it…

All that happens is it moves into the center like i had wanted but stays white the whole tome… then at frame 10 it flashed black and repeats itself…

How can i make it fade in from blak to white??

By following the tutorial…

pom :cowboy:

*Originally posted by ilyaslamasse *
**By following the tutorial…

pom :cowboy: **

gee…thats… u’ve been so helpful…

grrrrrrrrr…:sleep:

in the first frame, select the text and in the properties set the alpha to 0%

in frame 10, select the text and again in properties, make sure the alpha is set to 100%

and lo let there be text that scrolls and fades in.

only prob you may have is not being able to change the alpha on “static text” object. if that is the case…

break the text TWICE (CtrlB, CtrlB) this will turn your text into a graphic and you wont have a prob then.

*Originally posted by gary_bydesign *
**in the first frame, select the text and in the properties set the alpha to 0%

in frame 10, select the text and again in properties, make sure the alpha is set to 100%

and lo let there be text that scrolls and fades in.

only prob you may have is not being able to change the alpha on “static text” object. if that is the case…

break the text TWICE (CtrlB, CtrlB) this will turn your text into a graphic and you wont have a prob then. **

thanks alot… THATS the kinda explination i was looking for…lol

Ilyas was pointing out that you should ALWAYS check out the tutorial section BEFORE posting… because many questions are answered there with detailed explanations… then others dont have to waste time answering the same questions over and over.
:sleep: :cowboy:

Peace

ryall,

whilst i agree that people should read the tuts, it would appear that you are saying that i should always send ppl to read them if i have seen this subject answered in any of the previous 550 ish posts? (or the 90 000 or so on flahkit forums)

i thought the point of a forum was to ask?

if you real experienced guys dont want to help with these “piddling” little questions then just hit the back button and go on to something that will tax you more!

so…
whilst i have the greatest respect for the knowledge and experience of ilyas and others on this forum.

i did feel that the way it was worded sounded like “i cant be bothered help” and not advice on how to use the site (which was bourne out by the response of the original poster)

i am not flash smart like you guys and spend a lot of time reading tuts and this board to learn from you, for which i am grateful, however, like i said if you dont want to answer then leave it to us “less capable” readers who take great pleasure from sharing something that we can actually do in this minefield we all love (you can call it flash lol)

with the greatest of respect

Gary (trying to be)_bydesign

I agree with you very much. I just felt a need to defend Ilyas’ position. Too often people fail to even glance at the tut section and ask questions that are explained step by step VERY completely, far better than anyone would have time to just post in the board… after all that is what tuts are for, answering the most common questions in a very indepth manner.

But on the flip side, his response was worded in a way that could come off a little rude. Questions are what this place is all about.

The point being: tuts are a great help, if there is ever a question here that is answered in one, I think people should have them brought to attention and check them out (but not in place of good old board conversation!).

Peace :stuck_out_tongue:

By-the-way… a belated: Welcome to the Board! :cowboy: :smirk:

Peace

:slight_smile: why thank you

Hrm… I will jump in here, not taking any sides just expressing my opinion.

If you check the tuts or use the grey search button to search the forum for other posts on the subject, your are much more likely to find your answer quicker without waiting for a response. Where if you just post and wait, you can wait a while before someone sees it and responds.

Again…opinion… not taking any sides.

I agree! =)

me 2

:slight_smile:

ok guys… no need to beat a dead horse…

some ppl like beating dead horses…

not erm, me personally you…erm, understand but

some people do

lololololololololololololololololololololol

Beating any dead animal is just flat out wrong dude.

OK, I missed the whole argument, but I just wanted to say that I wasn’t talking about the forum search. You won’t find anything with it unless you know what you are looking for.

I was talking about the tutorials. And if you type “fade text” in the search field, you get this: http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-advanced=1&sp-q=fade%20text&B1=search&sp-a=00040c2f-sp00000000&sp-w-control=1; which brings you here: http://www.kirupa.com/developer/fadetext.asp or here: http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/fadingtext.asp.

I just thought that 2 tutorials would be better than an explanation on the forum. Sue me. :-\

the touts are joust plain non responsive tekst, they are good to have. But the forum is interactive! U get help, alot of diffrent wievs and opinions. And if u dont like the Question, why even look at it or anwser? Look at the head! Time is money, but if u got time to look at all the posts u are probably brok…ur…well u get my point dont u…U deside what u want to read so stop bii…thin…

You make it sound as if I had attacked him or something. I wanted him to check the tutes precisely because there were tutes about the exact thing he wanted to do… I mean, that’s why they are here for, aren’t they? :-\

not atakcing u. Perhaps im having a bad hair day doe…=)