Favorite Horror Movies or TV Shows šŸæ!

Iā€™m going to use this thread to start listing all of my favorite horror movies and TV shows that Iā€™ve seen in order of how much I enjoyed watching them.

1. The Ring
  2. Juon: The Grudge
  3. The Sixth Sense
  4. The Conjuring
  5. Haunting of Bly Manor
  6. Haunting of Hill House
  7. Ju-on: Origins
  8. Talk to Me
  9. The Orphanage
  10. The Babadook
  11. The Conjuring 2
  12. Youā€™re Next
  13. The Exorcist
  14. Cabin in the Woods
  15. Silence Of The Lambs
  16. Misery
  17. The Others
  18. The Awakening
  19. World War Z
  20. Let the Right One In
  21. The Changeling
  22. REC
  23. Last Train to Busan
  24. Paranormal Activity 2
  25. Carrie
  26. Insidious
  27. Borderland
  28. The Ward
  29. Alien
  30. Aliens
  31. Us
  32. A Tale of Two Sisters
  33. The Shining
  34. 1408
  35. The Village
  36. Annabelle: Creation
  37. Drag Me to Hell
  38. Thirst
  39. Children of the Corn
  40. The Village
  41. Donā€™t Look Now
  42. The Taking of Deborah Logan
  43. Annabelle
  44. The Oculus
  45. The Nun
  46. The Witch
  47. The Menu
  48. The Eternal Daughter
  49. Conjuring 3
  50. The Relic
  51. Talk to Me
  52. No One will Save You
  53. The Popeā€™s Exorcist
  54. Under the Shadow
  55. The Host
  56. The Menu
  57. The Descent
  58. Ouija: Origin of Evil
  59. Malignant
  60. Lights Out
  61. Annabelle: Creation
  62. Insidious 2
  63. Insidious 3
  64. Insidious: The Last Key
  65. The Red Door
  66. The Blackening
  67. Bodies Bodies Bodies
  68. Get Out
  69. Nope
  70. Us
  71. Doctor Sleep
  72. Haunting of Hill House
  73. Haunting of Bly Manor
  74. Midnight Manor
  75. It Lives Inside
  76. Things Heard and Seen
  77. You Shouldā€™ve Left
  78. The Nun II
  79. The Blackening

Feel free to add your own in subsequent responses.

This list is mostly to help me keep track of which ones Iā€™ve watched as well, so there is a large selfish motive to me doing this haha.

Cheers,
Kirupa

1 Like

I hate horror movies. Iā€™m very much a big sissy when it comes to them. Even the xfiles would keep me up for days.

I was afraid of horror movies quite a bit as well. Part of my reason for watching so many of them is to overcome that fear.

I think it partially worked. I still canā€™t get over leprechauns though. They still freak me out :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha itā€™s funny to me that you mention leprechauns because that was the first horror movie that I watched and I think it ruined the whole genre.

Iā€™m not a huge fan of horror films either. Iā€™ve only seen about 4 of the ones on @kirupaā€™s list. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s more artistry to it that people appreciate than what Iā€™m about to describe, but it seems like you could just set your speakers to make a really really loud noise every Math.random * 15 minutes or so and itā€™d be the same experience.

One I recommend against seeing is Harry Potter and the Old Mansion (Not Shell Cottage) on a Seashore. The whole movie is basically about how he canā€™t cast the Patronus charm because he snapped the Elder Wand in the movie adaptation.

1 Like

Thatā€™s like the Shawshank Redemption of horror movies! You canā€™t go wrong with liking it :stuck_out_tongue:

Had to bump this up. There had been some really good horror films out recently!

@kirupa Like what?

I updated the list at the top with them. I forgot the exact ones I added, but the most recent one I saw was Annabelle: The Creation. The movie Us was also really good.

I just googled those and have realized that 5 years was not enough time for me to overcome my fear of horror movies.

I also started with Leprechaun, weā€™re screwed

1 Like

Try these:

• Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
  • Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy
  • Abbott and Costello Meet the Invisible Man
  • Abbott and Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
  • Abbott and Costello Meet the Killer

:wink:

1 Like

I forced myself to overcome my fear of scary movies. It helps if you know there are other people around that you can attribute any sounds to. Living in a college dorm was perfect. Watching movies in theaters was also good, but then the drive home and going to sleep can be terrifyingā€¦unless you decide to sleep in the theater that day :crazy_face:

I will go with ā€˜Gone Girlā€™ , even if itā€™s not really in the horror category.
Thatā€™s because @kirupa already mentioned all the big names ā€¦

1 Like

The Villageā€¦ Best

1 Like

Iā€™m going to go with 1978 grease

1 Like

While not a movie per se, two excellent horror TV shows we watched recently were Netflixā€™s Haunting of Hill House and Haunting of Bly Manor.

Include Donā€™t Listen(2020) masterfully reveals an atmosphere of horror and tension, making it well worth your while.

Probably not that much of a horror film but I though Room 1408 in the cinema was pretty trippy :smile: I cant imagine doing something like that on acidā€¦ :laughing:

1 Like

Updated the list with the movies I remembered from the past few years. There are definitely more, but Iā€™ll be more diligent in updating this.