Favorite Horror Movies!

I’m going to use this thread to start listing all of my favorite horror movies that I’ve seen in order of how much I enjoyed watching them.

1. The Ring
  2. Juon: The Grudge
  3. The Sixth Sense
  4. The Conjuring
  5. The Orphanage
  6. The Babadook
  7. The Conjuring 2
  8. You’re Next
  9. The Exorcist
  10. Cabin in the Woods
  11. Silence Of The Lambs
  12. Misery
  13. The Others
  14. The Awakening
  15. World War Z
  16. Let the Right One In
  17. The Changeling
  18. REC
  19. Last Train to Busan
  20. Paranormal Activity 2
  21. Carrie
  22. Insidious
  23. Borderland
  24. The Ward
  25. Alien
  26. Aliens
  27. Us
  28. A Tale of Two Sisters
  29. The Shining
  30. 1408
  31. The Village
  32. Annabelle: Creation
  33. Drag Me to Hell
  34. Thirst
  35. Children of the Corn
  36. The Village
  37. Don’t Look Now
  38. The Taking of Deborah Logan
  39. Annabelle
  40. The Oculus
  41. The Nun
  42. The Witch

Feel free to add your own in subsequent responses.

This list is mostly to help me keep track of which ones I’ve watched as well, so there is a large selfish motive to me doing this haha.

Cheers,
Kirupa

I hate horror movies. I’m very much a big sissy when it comes to them. Even the xfiles would keep me up for days.

I was afraid of horror movies quite a bit as well. Part of my reason for watching so many of them is to overcome that fear.

I think it partially worked. I still can’t get over leprechauns though. They still freak me out :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha it’s funny to me that you mention leprechauns because that was the first horror movie that I watched and I think it ruined the whole genre.

I’m not a huge fan of horror films either. I’ve only seen about 4 of the ones on @kirupa’s list. I’m sure there’s more artistry to it that people appreciate than what I’m about to describe, but it seems like you could just set your speakers to make a really really loud noise every Math.random * 15 minutes or so and it’d be the same experience.

One I recommend against seeing is Harry Potter and the Old Mansion (Not Shell Cottage) on a Seashore. The whole movie is basically about how he can’t cast the Patronus charm because he snapped the Elder Wand in the movie adaptation.

1 Like

Normally I don,t like horror movie but I have seen many horror movie and favorite is Silence Of The Lambs.

1 Like

That’s like the Shawshank Redemption of horror movies! You can’t go wrong with liking it :stuck_out_tongue:

Had to bump this up. There had been some really good horror films out recently!

I love to watch horror movies. My favourite one is The Conjuring, Sinister.

@kirupa Like what?

I updated the list at the top with them. I forgot the exact ones I added, but the most recent one I saw was Annabelle: The Creation. The movie Us was also really good.

I just googled those and have realized that 5 years was not enough time for me to overcome my fear of horror movies.

I also started with Leprechaun, we’re screwed

1 Like

Try these:

• Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
  • Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy
  • Abbott and Costello Meet the Invisible Man
  • Abbott and Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
  • Abbott and Costello Meet the Killer

:wink:

1 Like

I forced myself to overcome my fear of scary movies. It helps if you know there are other people around that you can attribute any sounds to. Living in a college dorm was perfect. Watching movies in theaters was also good, but then the drive home and going to sleep can be terrifying…unless you decide to sleep in the theater that day :crazy_face: