[Flash 8] Adverts and Watch folders

Hello,

I’m not exactly a newbie to flash but it has been a long time since i have used it in for anything more than simple graphics and banners. I’m basically looking for some advice as to how to go about a task.

What I am looking to do is to create a way of displaying a random variety of adverts on our company website which link to products and other pages. The steps I would like it to go through are below:

1 - One swf preloads and fades in which is displayed, say for 10 seconds.

2 - While the first swf is displayed another is preloaded and after 10 seconds or when it has finished loading (which ever is longest) the 1st fades out and 2nd is faded in. etc etc.

What I would ideally like to be able to do is place all the swfs in a watch folder and have flash read the contents and load them in a random order. I want to do it this way so I don’t have to keep adding to the actionscript each time we add a new advert.

Is there a way of using watch folders in actionscript? If anyone can advise me as to which methods to use or how to structure this project I would be most grateful!

Cheers

Neil.