Flash Menu Font

At this point I feel like a complete tool…

I reinstalled Flash MX and the font that appears on Flash’s GUI is really small and completely unreadable. I have changed the res on my computer, the font from the preferences menu and the size too but now I am out of options that I know of…

HELP!!!:ub:
Thanks

This has happened to a few people. I haven’t seen a thread where the problem was solved though, so I am not going to bother searching.

Did you try contacting Macromedia?

weird! I’m interested to know what the deal with that is, and
how you fix it. In case I ever run into it myself.

Well thanks anyway…I have been trying to contact Macromedia but they have been unresponsive. It is the wierdest thing, all the other text that appears on the MX GUI is normal system font but the font that appears in the drop down menus, the timeline, the color selector etc. is a very small almost pixel font. What I don’t get is that this font only appears in the “dynamic” parts of Flash.(the sections that change)…:pope:

Yeah, thats the same exactly thing that happened to other members in the past here. We couldn’t find any solution and told them to contact macromedia. None of them replied after that, so we don’t know what happened, if it was fixed or not, and if so, then how.

I am interested in finding out the solution to this problem as well.

well the last solution will be to completely uninstall Flash MX… the reg and whatever comes with it… or reinstall windows… which IS healthy for your computer in any ways…

even with a brand new program and brand new computer?

*Originally posted by mlkdesign *
**well the last solution will be to completely uninstall Flash MX… the reg and whatever comes with it… or reinstall windows… which IS healthy for your computer in any ways… **

Apparently uninstalling and reinstalling from scratch didn’t work for the other members, but I don’t think they reformatted their whole drive either. I could see how that could work, but I don’t see how that is a feasable solution.

The only solution I could come up with was to get a font manager like ATM and get rid of any corrupt files but that didn’t change anything so right now I think that I am going to copy the reg and font directory from a system that is working and maybe that will work…if that works I will let everyone know what I did so this doesn’t happen every single time!:crazy:

:beam:
I am Happy to say that I have figured out the problem that has plagued many new flash users or those of us who installed on a new OS. It just so happens that Flash’s System Font is Lucinda Console and for whatever reason if the files is out of date, corrupt, or anything then it will appear in the Flash GUI as a lo res pixel font that is un-readable. Even if you go to Windows/fonts and open the font it will appear to be fine. My first inclination was to replace the entire font folder with one that I had on another computer(or you can get it from a friend) but what I sooned discovered is that if you find someone who has a working copy of the entire Lucinda Console family that you can just copy that and place it in the folt directory and then restart Flash and that should do the trick!!

Hope it works for the rest of you!
:tie:

alright, nice work! glad to see you figured it out. :slight_smile:

files this away for later use

WOW!!! Finally someone figured it out. Thanks man.

Don’t mind me, I am going to add a few keyworks in here in case I need to search for this thread later I can search for these strings…

Small Fonts
Flash displaying small fonts
Lucinda Console (isn’t it actually Lucida Console? or am I confused?)
Contact Macromedia
Weird Display of Fonts in Flash
Corrupted Fonts
Corrupted font files.

*Originally posted by lostinbeta *
Lucinda Console (isn’t it actually Lucida Console? or am I confused?)
you are, but we still love you. :love:

[size=1][that is correct, btw :)][/size]

Lost you are right, I was just excited…I had happy fingers:beam:

I am just glad that I could finally be of some use on this board!:cowboy:

Were you not the one that bailed out whats his name when he was about to lose that bet because he couldn’t fake a picture?

You came through there, thats useful :slight_smile:

Were you not the one that bailed out whats his name when he was about to lose that bet because he couldn’t fake a picture?

You came through there, thats useful :slight_smile: