Flash PHP Cell Phone Messenger [exp]

I was curious if I can send message’s to my cell phone from a flash form, and well yup you can, and it’s really easy too.

In my case my cell phone’s email address is [email protected].

So all you have to do is push the Flash variables to the php page and send them to that email address.

Here’s the URL

Here’s the source files

BTW: I did this real quick so it is in no way anything great, I just figured some people may want to use this :slight_smile:

super cool… thanks for the links…

Thanks and no problem.

I got your message, if you have AT&T the email address comes included. Not many people I know seem to know about it, and it’s free.

I also know it works for the GSM netwrok because I just switched plans.

I don’t know if this will work for verizon or sprint, it would be cool if someone could test it for me :slight_smile:

Edit: Oh and your email address is
[email protected]

let’s see if my server surports this!!! This would be an awesome addon to my site :slight_smile:

thanks digital… i was wondering, could you offer the *.FLA file backsaved to a Flash MX format?? i would be appreciate it, if possible…

@Majeye:

What stinks is since I used the Button Component this won’t work for Flash MX like it is now.

So what I’m going to do is post the MX version of the .FLA so you have it set up and try to go over briefly how to mod it to work for MX, which you probably already know.

http://digitalosophy.com/Kirupa_Files/Flash/message_cell_phone/indexMX.fla

myButtonListener = new Object();
myButtonListener.click = function (){
	if(!userName.length){
		userName.text = "Enter Name";
	}
	if(!userMessage.length){
		userMessage.text = "Enter Message";
	}else{
		trace("thank you");
		trace (userName.text+ userEmail.text + userMessage.text);
		loadVariablesNum("processForm.php",0,"POST");
		gotoAndStop(10);
	}
} 
mySubmitButton.addEventListener("click", myButtonListener);

All I did was use an EventListener instead of using a button. So just replace the

myButtonListener = new Object();
myButtonListener.click = function (){

with something like

myButton.onRelease = function(){
if(!userName.length){
		userName.text = "Enter Name";
	}
	if(!userMessage.length){
		userMessage.text = "Enter Message";
	}else{
		trace("thank you");
		trace (userName.text+ userEmail.text + userMessage.text);
		loadVariablesNum("processForm.php",0,"POST");
		gotoAndStop(10);
	}
} 

That should be it. If not let me know. :slight_smile:

sweet… thanks for the timely response… you rock the casbah!!

:lol: no problemo

edit: silly me man, I think if you just import the button component in MX it will work.

:lol: I forgot MX has components.

Oh wow, someone already did this here! I was in the making of creating one for my cellphone but I just been so busy at work designing, I don’t even want to open PS or flash. I think imma start on this tonight.