Flv file and background music at war!

I am attempting to build a flash site in which there is background music (with an on/off switch) and on one of the particular pages, there is a video (streaming flv) that automatically plays once that page is accessed. The problem lies in that when the I am on the video page and try to turn off the music, the video turns off as well! :expressionless:

Initially i was using the stopAllSounds method, which made perfect sense as to why the problem was occuring, since the scripting was not tied to any particular sound. I then discovered a tutorial on this site (http://www.kirupa.com/developer/actionscript/sound.htm) which involves creating a new sound object and having the off button specifically point to that same sound object in order to turn if off. Still, whenever I attempt to turn the music off, the video still stops as well, even though the scripting speaks specifically to the background music. :crying:

Ultimately i am not sure if the error lies in the actionscripting or perhaps in the video configuration, but I am suddenly at a standstill, and unsure what to try next. If anyone can shed some light on what I am doing wrong, I would be forever grateful… please help!! :wt: