Grand Theft Auto Vice City!

The no swim and no customize makes me sad. I think I’ll feel better tomorow when I drive a chainsaw into someones chest.:evil:

also, the IGNPSQ stated, that when ramming into anything whilst sitting on a bike will send you flying! :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t wait to try that feature out… :slight_smile:

I’m soooooo happy my roomate put some cash down to reserve my house a copy!!! cant wait!>… yeahhhhhhhh

Peace

Well the way I see it, the fact that you couldn’t swim was an integrated part of the entire series. Avoiding water at all costs was an important part of the original games.

As far as customizing cars is concerned: Why would you want to customize cars? Especially when money is an extremely important factor in Vice City. According to R* money carries much more weight than it did in GTA III and is an important part of the game. Also, the average car in GTA 3 did not last very long, so why put a lot of money into cars that we are only going to destroy?

I can’t wait to test out the Corvette and the Porsche copies… Also crusing down the highway on a bike at 100 MPH…

Wow you guys are all really looking forward to this! I’ve only played GTA3 on the PC, and my comp was kinda crappy so it was hard because of the framerate. I had a helluva time playing it though. You guys are starting to convince me to go out and buy a PS2 for this game.

-brad-:elderly:

Eliose how old are you? i thought that you were like 18 like lost

If you could customize a car it would put more importance into have a garage. I don’t ever keep anything in the garage in GTA3. If I could spend some cash to trick out a car it would be sweet to take it for a cruse and actual try to keep ot from getting messd up. As for the swim I hate dieing 2 feet from shore because I’m touching water. There were times I could have walked to shore but the water killed me it sucked. I don’t want to swim the English chanel I just want to be able to live long enough to make it to shore if I’m close

*Originally posted by sintax321 *
**If you could customize a car it would put more importance into have a garage. I don’t ever keep anything in the garage in GTA3. If I could spend some cash to trick out a car it would be sweet to take it for a cruse and actual try to keep ot from getting messd up. **

I got the bulletproof cars and i tried not to damage them…too much but since the hideout is like an automatic repair i did “sum” damage! THe mission to get Ray out is SO easy with a bulletproof car…the cheetah…just go on the bridge and the CIA cant do ****! But i dunno, maybe customizable cars can be fun for a while…then i would have to trash it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Brad: Get one! Now! Why are you still reading this! GO NOW!!!

Sintax: True, but still it would be wasted money (just like customizing our cars in real life, but I still am customizing the crap out of my porsche…expensive or not…that car is still my baby) and the new game appearently has a focus on money…

With the old games any water could kill you, so i guess they just left that feature in. They should have made a ‘doggy’-paddle option, where if you were close to shore, you would be able to doggy paddle, or at least did a height test to see if your guy was only in water that was to his ankles…maybe you could just walk out…Maybe they put that in…I’ll have to try…

*Originally posted by MakaVeli_Da_DoN *
WHAT! your going to take a BREAK!!! :evil: :evil:
i COMMEND YOUR WILL POWER TO TAKE A BREAK

Well, I kind of need to take a break, because tomorrow night I’m taking my ‘new’ girlfriend out to dinner and to see ‘The Ring.’ My best friend and his g/f are coming too. And my g/f is really excited, so I think that if I cancelled on her, she might be a wee bit pissed off at me…so I think I have to take a break, but I’m getting the game at noon, and we aren’t leaving to go out until 6, so that gives me a good 5 hours and 45 minutes…:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH THE RING!!! Excellent movie to take your new girlfriend if you know what i mean :evil: :evil: :evil:

*Originally posted by Jubba *
**Brad: Get one! Now! Why are you still reading this! GO NOW!!!

With the old games any water could kill you, so i guess they just left that feature in. They should have made a ‘doggy’-paddle option, where if you were close to shore, you would be able to doggy paddle, or at least did a height test to see if your guy was only in water that was to his ankles…maybe you could just walk out…Maybe they put that in…I’ll have to try… **

yea well i hope the sharks attacj you b4 you drown!..simply life going down is too lame…sharks ripping you up would be so cool :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

*Originally posted by Jubba *
Well, I kind of need to take a break, because tomorrow night I’m taking my ‘new’ girlfriend out to dinner and to see ‘The Ring.’ **

At least your priorities are straight… keep the women happy, and they will keep you happy… :stuck_out_tongue:

Rev:elderly:

Eliose how old are you? i thought that you were like 18 like lost

well mdipi, I turn 20 in a few months… :slight_smile:

Well, from what I see, I think that this is going to be a drooler for me. I’ll have to wait for Window’s based version to come out…but I’ve still got this one to beat after all.

Question) anyone have any hints for beating the “Poperazi purge” mission? I can’t seem to do enough damage to his boat in the given alotment of time.

I like the new features as I’m reading them. Jumping out of cars is something that I feel is missing from GTAIII, and certainly there are buildings I’d like to stalk through. The hitmen shootout which takes place at the beginning of chapter II could have been a lot more interesting if I had the option of going up an elevator in the skyrise.

none the less, I understand progress, I’ll just have to live vicariously through you guys for now. :slight_smile:

There is a big debate over the swimming issue. R* clams there is no way to swim but some early release users say there is a cheat code to swim. A doggy paddle feature would be nice

There is also a rumor that if you have a GTA3 save on the same memory card it will cheack the % compleate and might unlock special things at a certan %.

Question) anyone have any hints for beating the “Poperazi purge” mission? I can’t seem to do enough damage to his boat in the given alotment of time.

Get in the police preditor. It has two forward mounted guns. Try to stay close to behind him and unload. Or if u have access to a grenade launch and you have good aim you can try to get beside him dis engauge the boat and try t oblow him out of the water. He folows the exact same driving pattern every time so once u know which way he is going to go it gets alot easier. Hope that helped David.

I just got the call. My copy of GTA:VC came in. It may seem like for the next couple of days that I have died but this is not the case. I will be on my couch playing GTA:VC as much as possible. I will return some time but who knows when. Wish me luck and I’ll see you soon
:slight_smile:

Still 10 days for me… sigh

IF I can find the money…

One sec. One sec.

I’ve been hooken on SOFII dbl helix. Are you saying GTA is better? I played GTA 1 and 2, but didnt think GTA 3 was going to stand up to the likes of SOFII or UT2003, etc…

Should I run out and by GTA3?

Howz UT2003?

I’ve been thinking about bying it…