Having a problem using Mask?

I made a small banner using MX and was trying to put 2 Mask into it. (to get Typewriter looking text) But when I play it within MX it works the way I need it to. But when I play it in a Browser or Preview it doesnt work as well. So if anyone has any clue as to what I am talking about or a way I can check it, would be great. I have the .fla if anyone wants to see it and maybe give me a hint as to what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance for the help.

Sometimes when doing text effects with a mask, you need to embed the font for it to show up.\r\rThe character panel, in Flash 5.0 has an option for this… I think in Flash MX it is located in the “property” panel. It will be called something like “include font outlines”.

I didnt see anything like that … maybe I am not looking in the right place. Kicking my butt though, seems like it would work since it plays correctly when I play it in Flash. Only doesnt show when I play it in a browser.

well I know some of the features are just icons. Try an icon that looks like a button with this on it [ ].\r\rroll over it and it should tell you what the icon is. I’ll see if I can get one of the MX’ers to look at this thread also… they might have some other ideas.

In MX you have to click the button that says “Character” in the Text panel and then there is a radio button that allows you to embed all the characters for a font.