Having trouble, help asap

to preview my website for my band so far, click here. There’s a button a user can select in my flash movie called ‘MEDIA’, once that button is clicked, a branch comes down with 2 more buttons. These 2 buttons are supposed to bring up different webpages once they’re clicked…but they don’t for some reason. I have no idea why. The movie is called (TellTarget), and the code for each button is:

on (release) {
getURL ("/njbestofme/lyrics.htm", “Main”);
}

for some reason tho it doesn’t want to work. And I’m thinking it’s because the movie clip (to show / hide the branch of 2 buttons) is targetted…but im not sure. Is their more code im supposed to add? thanks alot!

-Eric

see if the “.htm” is in capitals and try wirting out the full code?!

What do you mean the name of the movie is “tellTarget”?

if that’s an instance name, I’m not sure if you can use it. Some words are reserved for Flash’s a/s usage. It may be that tellTarget is one of those words. (though for some reason I don’t remember seeing it listed)

oh no no no, i meant when you click the button MEDIA it TellTarget’s a movie to play so the other 2 buttons either appear or disappear. the code for the MEDIA button to make this happen is:
on (release) {

Media_switch = (Media_switch * -1); //switch media_switch

if (Media_switch == -1) { //if switch is turned off
tellTarget (“MediaShow”) { // hide switch
gotoAndPlay (9);
}
}

if (Media_switch == 1) { //if switch is turned on
tellTarget (“MediaShow”) { // show switch
gotoAndPlay (2);
}
}

}

MediaShow is the movie clip that hides or displays the other 2 buttons. And it works fine the butons show and disappears appropriately. it’s just the buttons will not take me to a website when i click on it like it’s supposed to. The only code that i have for the buttons that appear and disappear are:

on (release) {
getURL ("/njbestofme/lyrics.htm", “Main”);
}

i used this code for all my other buttons and it works, but for these 2 specific buttons it doesn’t work. and im thinking it’s cause im TellTargetting the buttons to show or disappear. It doesn’t make sence it should work i don’t see anything wrong with my code. If anyone can help i’d appreciate it!

click here to see website again

-Eric

does someone have the solution to tihs problem??

-eric

help help lol

Can you attach the source so that I take a look at it? Or send it to me if you don’t want to display it on the forum [email protected]

pom :asian: