How Much Would This Computer Cost?

I have no idea how much this would cost, and I want to know about how much I have to save up for. Something to achieve.

Requirements:

• 130-150 Gigs of Space
  • Fast Processor
  • A bunch of RAM
  • Ports for Video camera (not sure but maybe FireWire Card?)
  • Really good sound card and video card

Around how much would that cost? And am I forgetting stuff?

£700

$1000 Perhaps. Maybe something more specific can get you a more specific price.

£700 = $1000 ish

1000? ****!

you’ll have to be a little more specific
how fast is fast to you?
you can get a pretty decent system for anywhere from $500-$1000, just depending on your standards

If you ask me:
Really good sound card and video card = 1000$ alone :smiley:

yeah a really good video card that can cost you anywhere from $100 - $700.

you need to be more specific

*Originally posted by c!rYx *
**If you ask me:
Really good sound card and video card = 1000$ alone :smiley: **

nah thats a high price dude, you can get both for around $400, maybe cheaper

So vague, a fast proccessor, and a buch of RAM, Good soundcard and video card?

eh?
$400 - $3000

Sure you can get this stuff for 400$ Digitalosophy, but he said ‘a really good …’ that means newest technology from my point of view :slight_smile:

And am I forgetting stuff?

a screen…

hm, you don’t really need a screen, I think over all they are a little bit overrated…

if this config is required for CG i’d recommend a good calibrated screen - but that can make the price double…

I don’t think I need a screen for a hard drive, bucko. But anyways, for Sound Card and Video card just a normal one would work. As long as I can stream videos well and have them show up nice and clear and play songs that will work.

I need the comp to run perfectly. It shouldnt take an hour to open up a file or to close it. Just nice and quick.

*Originally posted by Dr. Doom *
**I don’t think I need a screen for a hard drive, bucko. But anyways, for Sound Card and Video card just a normal one would work. As long as I can stream videos well and have them show up nice and clear and play songs that will work.

I need the comp to run perfectly. It shouldnt take an hour to open up a file or to close it. Just nice and quick. **

Just a normal one… like an ati radeon 7,500?
You’re beeing too vague, you should check out video cards at their sites, and look at overall computer prices at www.bestbuy.com
www.outpost.com
www.compusa.com

Ughhhh. I have no idea, just a normal one. I also want the ports to upload video onto my computer and edit them with programs, perhaps that hints I’d need a more expensive/better one?