I GIVE UP! (3D tutorial)

Ok, Im done with this thing. I don’t want to look at it anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

I want to do more to it but I just can’t afford the time to and it’s already taken me longer than I suspected :hangover: You’ll have your work cut out for you with this Kirupa :wink:

Be sure to check for errors or redundancy… or just post it and let the readers find them heh. I went through about half of it in the proofread changing a lot as I went along. If I went through it all it would have been another week.

To be honest, I don’t even remember what I put as the title - probably the first thing that came to mind when I started it, but that can change. Im not bent on it.

There are 19 flas total, some with full walk through explanations, some with partial, and others none. Explanations of techniques are explained as the tutorial goes through all 19, each a little more advanced than the next. There are no links included for the downloading of each Fla, I would assume you could add them big-K.

It’s divided in 4 pages only because keeping it on one page was a hassle in managing and would crash a browser if you opened it in one :beam:. There’s no reason otherwise - as in there aren’t four sections; it all kind of runs on.

Source images are included if you need to change anything. Some of the image sizes I wasnt too sure about… oh well.

Some of the swfs you might want to put a play button on :-\ As in, move everything in frame 1 in frame 2 and put a stop and a nextframe() on a button in frame 1 so that it can start with the user initiating the play. This would for one, prevent a bunch of 3D swfs crankin at once if theres more than one on a page and 2, like in the example of the looking up swf, let the user start the movie and not where its been running on its own (that particular movie will shoot to the upper left since its based on mouse movement as some others are as well).

ummm… Thats all I can think about now. If any questions, let me know.

Oh, I also had some requests for specific examples so I think a section for applications would be eventually needed. Like, heres the tutorial with 19 helper flas, and then there you have a section with specific examples etc.

link:
http://www.umbc.edu/interactive/flash/kirupa/kirupa3d.zip

:beam:

I say start another sticky in Flash Actionscript dedicated to this and add the parts one by one. If you do that, make sure you lock it to the normies. :wink:

Maybe you should just take a break from writing this. I know it must be stressful on your part. If there’s anything I can do to help write/finish it, let me know and i’ll see what I can do.

:beam:

I’ll try to take a look at it during the weekend :slight_smile: [size=1]I can’t wait :beam:[/size]

*Originally posted by thoriphes *
**If there’s anything I can do to help write/finish it, let me know and i’ll see what I can do.

:beam: **

how about covering some bitwise stuff :wink:

Thanks sen - I’ll try to add up as much of it as soon as possible :slight_smile:

I’ve read it in diagonal (nice work once more, Sen :)), and there’s a little glitch in the Matrix on this page: http://www.kirupa.com/developer/actionscript/3d2.htm
the < br > tags show in the code :slight_smile:

lol good call :wink: I didnt see that one on my run-through. I sent K some other mistakes too. When he gets some time Im sure he’ll get to them :slight_smile:

Ok - I fixed the < br > tags ilyas, and sen I made most of the changes that you suggested in the PM. I broke page 8 into two pages (81.htm being the other), and I am still working on making the tutorial in to multiple, independent pages with its own section like isometrics :slight_smile: