I REALLY need to know this.. how to make the camera rotate

how to make the camera rotate around your animation. For example, if i had a block and it just spun in circles or something and i wanted that to be my animation, what if i wanted the camera to circle around that, so that i whould have a spinning block being watched in a… circlular motion, basically…

thats weird… it posted the same 2 things only they arent exactly the same… oook…

It’s tricky… and I’m not completely satisfide with the results… but the idea is that you have to animate the “perspective”. You get the perspective timeline by clicking on open area on the stage… that is, by deslecting everything.

You have to create a free camera…click on the camera once it shows up on the scene, and animate to your heart’s content.

ooo I haven’t tried that yet. I’m going to have to experiment with a couple of things.\r\rHere’s a little number I put together in about an hour today.\r\rwww.centerspin.com/auto2.swf

woo! i can do it now! I understand how all the camera stuff works now, thanks! :slight_smile:

Cool Upu… That looks pretty neat. You know, you can animate your lights as well… and that gives some cool effects too. Of course, for the ultimate, 3dsMax is king with the plugin from erain.

Just wait till you see my latest one. I’ll be posting it in the test forum sometime today. I have used a camera this time, instead of rotating the object, and I’ve had some fun with construction.\r\rNot only that, but I’ve decided to do an online comic strip using constructs from swift as stills. Should be interesting to do. Well… thanks for the info… the camera trick is a dream.\r\rAs for 3dSmax… I have a none registered copy that I’ve played around with, but I can’t afford it so I don’t really try to make anything with that. :slight_smile:

I’m just splattering this all over the place… might as well do it here too. :)\r[c]\r<embed src=“http://www.centerspin.com/longhaul/mimaMarkXXa.swf” quality=high pluginspage=“http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” width=“300” height=“400”>\r </embed> \r[/c]

Upuat8,\r\r What is that?\r and what program were you creating it in?\r Interesting indeed…

Looks great, Upuat…\r\ryou’re really stretching the limits of that program! :slight_smile: \r\r(which I like, of course)