I want to finish programming fast because I also want to learn data analysis. Is there a way to combine these two?

I have been solving daniel liang’s java textbook exercises for about 6 months. I am quarter way through the book(Which is really fast as in the past I never thought that I could read a book
I used to ask questions like this earlier.

Currently, I think I am on my best days of learning.

I love to program. However, getting stuck is a real issue. And this book feels like this is a job that I need to finish fast. Since, I am deeply invested in learning programming, I am unable to find time(I also have a full time job) for learning data analysis(SQL,R,Python,Tableau,Excel etc). I wanted to purchase maven analytics subscription for learning Data analysis. However, I don’t want to do it before I complete programming to some extent. Programming complete never. I mean I finish the book by D.Liang i.e learn all core java+advanced java+data structures and algorithms. then I’ll purchase the subscription.

As I said. I am getting impatient lol. Please help.

1 Like

You’ll never truly “finish” learning programming. There is always a bunch more things to learn on a regular basis, for the languages you are learning keep evolving with new approaches as well :stuck_out_tongue:

Once you feel comfortable enough to be able to code any situation that you will run across, you should balance learning programming with data analytics tools and other things you also want to learn. After a certain point, getting really REALLY good at writing code may start giving you diminishing returns compared to the time you will be spending.