I'm at someone elses wireless network :D

I can sit outside the schools in there parking lot and get into there wireles… Its sad, you would think they might have more security. I can also drain City halls fiber optic wireless from my house :smiley:

AAHHAHAHAHHAhHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAHHAHA
Luckily, I had teh internal firewall enabled, and nothing shared, so everything was kool for me, but that **** was sooo funny Syko!

What is bash.org anyway? It has something to do with irc I guess (and I know NOTHING about irc :blush: ) :stuck_out_tongue:

omg you dont know what you’ve missed… bash.org is just funny quotes from the irc go to www.bash.org and read :wink:

hehe okay will do that :beam:

WEP is usually the first thing I take care of when setting up wireless, so that little punks like you won’t leech of my connection. :wink:

hahaha
I’ll crack your WEP :sure: :beam:

my friend knows where like half of the cities wireless networks are, he’s always telling me where they are in the car, but it’s illegal so he never connects :P, I don’t have wep because I’m too lazy to get all the other computers to connect…

and it’s obvious when somebody uses your network, everybody can see it… oh wait, that’s not always true is it!! that’s a good idea runs and hides with his idea

Hey thor, i just set up a wireless connection at my aunts house, any info you can give me on setting up a WEP would be great!

=)

There should be an option for that in the access point’s / router’s setup software and also in the manual :slight_smile:

The wireless router should have a built-in WEP. Log on to it and play around with the settings. When you do set up WEP, be sure to write down the number (I usually opt for the 128-bit, or 32 digits) and set it up on every computer that’s gonna be using it. and like scriptflipper threatened, WEP is becoming fairly easy to break, so don’t make the key permanent.

:lol:

is that true? :-/

What the heck? I have a microsoft wireless thingamajig and I just plugged that sucker in and blam, I was cordless. I don’t trust my neighbors so I too would like to know how to hook this security thing up.

I have no idea if this is helpful, if not, refer to your wireless router’s manual, it should say what to do.

http://dcrc-ws1.dalton.missouri.edu/dalton/tutorials/xpwep-a.stm