Import videos into Flash

Hi guys,\r\rI’m just wondering how do you import movie files (mpegs, avi etc.) and clips into flash movies? or can you do it?\r\rIf you can, can someone give me some tips on how to do it? thanks!

This should be right up your street :wink: \rwww.wildform.com/

?\r

I’m just wondering how do you import movie files (mpegs, avi etc.) and clips into flash movies? or can you do it?\r\rIf you can, can someone give me some tips on how to do it? thanks! \r\rIf you use the link I gave you above you will find lots of answers regarding VIDEO, ie avi, mpg manipulation. You can them use them in your flash movies.\rMake any sence? or did you mean something else? :wink:

It’s a pretty simple case of importing the movie into a new MC and sticking it on the timeline, if I remember correctly.\r

hmmm I couldn’t get that to work :frowning: I didn’t think you could just import avi and mpeg straight in to flash. I checked the publish setting and saw quicktime! so there must be something in what your saying.

I went to a Macromedia seminar in Kensington about 2 days before the launch of MX. The guy there devoted the whole 4 hours to how wonderful the new Flash is, and he showed us how to do a load of things. One of which as importing an mpeg file. I’d swear blind that what he did was create a new Movie Clip symbol, import the .mpg and set the length of the symbol to the length of the .mpg. Then whn he dropped the symbol onto the Stage, it played with no probs. Plus there was a pre-made control bar that you could drop alongside it.

Sorry I never saw the subject line, doh! I only use flash5 and as far as I know you can’t do things as simply as that.\rI could be wrong though, I was just posting the wildform link because I tried it once and found it very useful :wink:

Well I’ve never been able to do it in Flash 5 either! And I’m stuck with that at work. I do have a copy of MX at home, but I haven’t had the chance to look at it properly yet.

that wildform flix is good for flash5, I think they give you a 30 day trial aswell. Good if you don’t have mx and only use 5 or under.\rI hope the person who started this post is taking notes :wink:

As long as they haven’t fallen asleep, I think I lost the thread of the conversation a long time ago. :slight_smile:

You can import SOME video types directly into Flash 5.0 including Avi and Quicktime. I wouldn’t say mpeg for sure, but at least those two I’ve gotten to work fairly well.\r\rWildform is nice though… makes the process a lot easier in my opinion.

Yep, mx will import all kinds of video, very kewl :slight_smile:

Hey guys! Thanks for you tips!..so the only way to import avi’s is to use those proggies right? ok then! thanks a lot!