Interesting Facts on Iraq

Dont know if its true but…

IRAQ - VERY INTERESTING - DID YOU KNOW?

1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq.
  2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!
  3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.
  4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.
  5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!
  6. Isaac’s wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq.
  7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.
  8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.
  9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.
  10. Amos cried out in Iraq!
  11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.
  12. Daniel was in the lion’s den in Iraq!
  13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in
    the fiery furnace!)
  14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the “writing on the wall” in Iraq.
  15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.
  16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq
  17. The wise men were from Iraq.
  18. Peter preached in Iraq.
  19. The “Empire of Man” described in Revelation is called Babylon, which was a city in Iraq!

And also…
This is something to think about! Since America is typically represented
by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages…

The following verse is from the Quran, (the Islamic Bible)

Quran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more
rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace. (Note the verse number!)

Why is it if you search for any of the above points you only get Christianity forums agreeing?

Does all the above points confirm that our Christian leader is fulfilling a prophecy? Does he really do Gods work for us?

Depending upon which translation of the Quran one uses, the section corresponding to chapter 9, verse 11 actually reads something like this:

But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and We make the communications clear for a people who know.

I remember learning in school that civilization started somewhere between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers. Looking at an imaginary atlas that I have in front of me (http://worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/asia/iq.htm), Iraq is definitely located there :rambo:

I am not too familiar with the Quran, however from what I have studied in Ancient History, gathered from unbiased college coursework, the learning, discovery, and history channels, his information is correct about the locations and such.

Iraq is riddled with history -
Here is an interesting read on Saddam and Babylon:

Bablyon is Iraq - and Baghdad geographically is the heart of it.

Baghdad is on the Tigris and Euphrates… Remember all that looting after the war ended, well the artifacts being taken were from the first civilizations in the world, hence the extreme anger of archaeologists. The first codified laws were from Hammurabi who was a king of Babylon… First written epic - The Epic of Gilgamesh - came out of this region. Beer was invented there… etc etc. Plenty of facts about the area as it is very old.

The Bible stuff is highly probable (keeping in mind many of those things may not have ever happened)… But it is not really different from other countries in the area, they all have tons of Biblical history. It is not significant.

As for the passage from the Qur’an, it is wrong.