Introducing Myself

Hi everybody, just wanted to introduce myself! I am Dan, 29 years old living in Lincolnshire in the UK. I watched some of Kirupas videos about javascript (I especially like the one explaining event capture vs event bubbling) and ended up on the forum here!

I first discovered programming a few years ago when I started watching some java programming videos on youtube just out of curiosity. From the moment I started learning it I wished that I could become an expert and knew that I would love to do this for a job.At the time I was very depressed and although I loved coding, I didn’t think there was any point carrying on learning it because I was too old and did not have the formal education/qualification/degree.

About 6 months ago I learnt about the open university and now in 2 weeks I am starting my degree in Computing & IT! My aim is to get a job programming and I am really enjoying the javascript language and am thinking this is an area I would love to work in.

I have been studying like a madman for the last 6 months, following tutorials on html5, css3, java, javascript and some PHP. When I see something cool on a website I love to challenge myself by trying to recreate what I have seen. I love thinking about programming in terms of different objects interacting with each other and I love designing on pen and pad before I start coding, writing down the different objects and how they will interact etc…

Anyway I am basically still a noob and I would really love to be a part of a community where I can ask questions about programming and talking to other people who are interested in it! I hope I am in the right place :slight_smile: I often run into a brick wall and get very frustrated sometimes when learning. I feel like I wish I knew everything right now and I feel like I should have learnt this stuff 10 years ago! I hope to chat to many of you on here and read your posts and ask lots of questions!

Look forward to meeting everybody
Dan

1 Like

Welcome to the forums, Dan! This is a great place to learn and ask questions. You may even have fun as well haha.

:slight_smile:

Yes welcome! Does anyone even use Java anymore?

Does anyone even use Java anymore?

Its all about Kotlin now.

Hey Dan; ask away!