Is Flash 6 MAC OSX only?!?!?!?!?

Just made a stand alone flash projector in Flash MX on an AppleMac machine with OSX, I burned it to CD and stuck it into a machine with OS 9.1, tried to open it and was told I needed a download called carbon_lib, I’ve tried it on about 10 OSX 9 machines since and always got the same result.
This implies that there’s no point producing any projector flash work in FLASH MX as it wont work on anything less than a OSX Mac which the majority of Mac users don’t have?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

What you should do is publish your projector in flash 5 if its not that big of a problem and it doesn’t conflict with code. This allows for backwards compatability. And I think that there are more people using Mac OS X then you think, I’m using it right now. However I do understand what your saying.

Good Luck

Kyle

Thanks for your reply, the problem there is that Flash 5 wont let me bring in a flashmx .fla file. Looks like I’m rebuilding in 5 then.

Liam.:frowning:

Ditto - OSx user here too. But I haven’t played around with flash much on here. In any case, you don’t have to rebuild the whole thing in Flash 5. Just adjust the Publish Settings: go to the Flash tab and select “Flash Player 5” under “Version.” If you used Flash MX exclusive codes, it will give you a warning that this particular piece of code can’t be run under a Flash 5 player. Adjust that piece of code accordingly… not so bad and much easier than rebuilding from scratch.