Is this site any good?

It’s not fully done yet but,
basketzone.tripod.com/main/index.html

Ok… the site is definitely interesting. I do so enjoy the slowly droping background and the color scheme is a good one. It’s very easy on the eyes for being almost neon.

BUT: It took far too long to load. I’m on broadband DSL and I had to wait a good 15-20 seconds for it to start up. I suggest changing that PGN to a JGP first off. Try to get it optimized down to 50k or less. I almost never use above 15 ka for a background.

I optimized the picture down to 33k and i think the reason it takes so long to load is because the tripod ad javascript conflicts with the dropping backgroung image script.

the counter loads slowly also.

hmm… that could be a problem… sometimes we have to sacrifice cool effects for the sake of load time… but, if you’re ok with it, and/or you can find a way around it, that’s cool too. Good luck with it. I’ll take another look and see if I can think of anything else constructive. :slight_smile:

You are not using my favorite colors but they work out nice, and the backdrop is cool. What you should consider is to optimate all your pictures a bit harder, thumbnails is only there to give you an idea of what the big picture will be.

Nice idea withe the navboxes.

John